• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    We have lots of info on where to buy hunting and shooting gear. Where do you guys and girls buy your fishing stuff ? I would like to get back into fresh water fishing. We have lots of rivers and ponds here on the shore. I still have several rod and reel combos only a few years old that should just need cleaning and new line.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I love my Dick's Sporting Goods here in Gaithersburg. Good selection and I shoot the shit with the fishing guy and guy who works the ammo counter.....when they are there. That is the only thing, sometimes you have to actively hunt down a person who works that department. I also signed up for the Rewards card and for each $100 I spend I get a $10 gift certificate, plus there are routinely coupons available for $10 off a $50 purchase. They are currently running a sale on pretty much everything fishing related with up to %50 off rod and reel combos and rebates on bait.

I run an Abu Garcia Baitcaster rig, a Samurai Spinning Rod combo, and an off brand Spinning Rod Combo all from Dick's and love them all. Each one makes the trip out to the pond with me rigged up differently that way I have options open to me if I see different conditions.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    fish 038.JPG

fish 037.JPG

I'm cleaning and re-stringing these Tuesday.
    Left to right
    Shimano 4500 baitrunner
    Shimano FX4000
    Quantum LS3
    Quantum 6.2 baitcaster
    Quantum US600 baitcaster

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Plenty of great freshwater fishing holes on the shore....probably 100's.

Unfortunately I don't know of a great local place to buy freshwater gear.....everybody tailors to the saltwater guys mostly. :sad20:

There's a place near Kent Narrows that I stop in regularly; it's not Shore Sportsman.....but maybe something like "Outdoor Sportsman"???? I can't remember.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Dicks has a decent selction of freshwater stuff, but their saltwater stuff sucks. I refuse to shop at Walmart, so that leaves me with Basspro. God I love it there :)

I did buy my last surf rod from a local shop in OBX, and I have to say, it was very competitively priced. Don't discount some of those guys. Anglers is not competitily priced though :)

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Most of my products has been from bassproshop and walmart due to their great prices ..

I am currently going to be saltwater fishing in chesapeake bay with a friend on his boat, Based on what I read, It would cost me $30 bucks for the year to fishing in Chesapeake Bay

=======================================================================

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/service/fishinfo.asp

Tidal / Bay Sport Fishing Licenses
    ANNUAL LICENSE allows licensee to fish in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries from January 1 through December 31.
    o Resident $15.00

o Nonresident $15.00

5-Day Bay Sport License allows licensee to fish in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries for 5 consecutive days.

o $6.00 for residents and nonresidents

Consolidated Bay Sport Boat License allows everyone on board a vessel used for pleasure to recreationally fish in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries in lieu of individual licenses. A special complimentary Chesapeake Bay sport fishing license, which includes recreational crabbing, will be issued to the boat owner purchasing this license.
    o $50.00 for residents and nonresidents

Bay Sport Charter Boat License allows individuals on board chartered vessels operated by MD licensed fishing guides to fish in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries in lieu of individual licenses. These licenses are issued only to holders of Maryland Commercial Fishing Guide Licenses.

o $240.00 -- up to 6 passengers
    o $290.00 -- more than 6 passengers

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Ya know, my little girl really likes to fish, problem is, I don't know much about it as I was never really into it when I was younger. We have a fishing pond at the gun range that's stocked so I have a place her and I would go and I would definitely be willing to give it a try. Would any of you guys be willing to take a trip to a dick's or your favorite shop and get her and I outfitted with some basic stuff? I don't want to spend a fortune but I do want to do something with her that she likes and that we can do together. She's 11 and I'm sure she's gonna be not wantin me around as much as she gets older and I'd like to spend more time where we can talk, which is kinda hard when your shootin. Any volunteers to help a nub?

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Ya know, my little girl really likes to fish, problem is, I don't know much about it as I was never really into it when I was younger. We have a fishing pond at the gun range that's stocked so I have a place her and I would go and I would definitely be willing to give it a try. Would any of you guys be willing to take a trip to a dick's or your favorite shop and get her and I outfitted with some basic stuff? I don't want to spend a fortune but I do want to do something with her that she likes and that we can do together. She's 11 and I'm sure she's gonna be not wantin me around as much as she gets older and I'd like to spend more time where we can talk, which is kinda hard when your shootin. Any volunteers to help a nub?

Can you find out what the pond is stocked with? Knowing this will help narrow down what you need to buy.

Or I could just go to the pond with you and we can use my 90 pound tackle bag to find something that'll work. :innocent0

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Can you find out what the pond is stocked with? Knowing this will help narrow down what you need to buy.

Or I could just go to the pond with you and we can use my 90 pound tackle bag to find something that'll work. :innocent0

I'll ask and see if I can find out. Would prolly be more fun if ya brought that duffle bag and we experimented.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom