• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm thinking about taking the day off wednesday and heading up there early. How is my luck going to be to get some rounds off?

Was there last wednesday. It was busy early the day but not so much after. Few tables were open when I left around 3pm.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Was there last wednesday. It was busy early the day but not so much after. Few tables were open when I left around 3pm.

Well that sucks. I was hoping to sight in my AR and get some trigger time in with my PPS. I hate feeling rushed at the range.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Well that sucks. I was hoping to sight in my AR and get some trigger time in with my PPS. I hate feeling rushed at the range.

It was not a rush feeling unlike during the weekend. It was just me and another person waiting. It only took 10 min wait. No line after I got a table.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    It was not a rush feeling unlike during the weekend. It was just me and another person waiting. It only took 10 min wait. No line after I got a table.

*Phew* I need to at least get this red dot sighted in on my AR.

How is Myrtle grove on doing holster draws?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    *Phew* I need to at least get this red dot sighted in on my AR.

How is Myrtle grove on doing holster draws?

As long as you can do it w/out shooting yourself or someone else and not going rapid-fire, should be good to go. :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Hands shaking??? - I thought that was Michael J. Fox.... :innocent0

(That was probably in bad taste, but it's already been typed...)

he was shaking.. like nervous shaking.. switching from his ar to holstered handgun. until he had a jam on his ar.. never saw crazy al grab somebody else gun so quick.. only thing i saw was, al taking apart the upper from the lower in a blink of an eye.. :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hmm, hadn't heard about that one.

That doesn't surprise me though, Al can be surprisingly quick at times, especially that trigger finger of his. :innocent0

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    he was shaking.. like nervous shaking.. switching from his ar to holstered handgun. until he had a jam on his ar.. never saw crazy al grab somebody else gun so quick.. only thing i saw was, al taking apart the upper from the lower in a blink of an eye.. :lol2:

wasnt that the infamous Rambo? the dude that Al help destroy an AR? didnt he go home with a round still in the chamber? That was before mortaring became common knowledge

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    wasnt that the infamous Rambo? the dude that Al help destroy an AR? didnt he go home with a round still in the chamber? That was before mortaring became common knowledge

I have no words for that...

That sounds like that was before I found MG then, definitely.

Making up some rounds to test the upper out tomorrow, see if it's back to behaving properly.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Take off a day and go in the morning on a weekday, you won't regret it. Or CLP the heck out of those firearms and hit the range on a rainy/snowy/ generally unpleasant day :thumbsup:. I think some of the regulars actually set up patio umbrellas.

It's bad that crowding has become such an issue that I hesitate to help anyone avoid it lol.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have no words for that...

That sounds like that was before I found MG then, definitely.

Making up some rounds to test the upper out tomorrow, see if it's back to behaving properly.

If your piston AR jams, fails to extract or has a live round stuck in the chamber. Then crazyal offers to help with a hacksaw from his truck...... Run away

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Bwahahaha - Yogi with the golden rape whistle, that'd be worth paying to see - Al needs a tiger-striped one though, match his .45 :lol2:

If I'm going to let anyone cut up this piston upper, it'll be Clandestine..., he has the proper motivation to destroy it with extreme prejudice. ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Bwahahaha - Yogi with the golden rape whistle, that'd be worth paying to see - Al needs a tiger-striped one though, match his .45 :lol2:

If I'm going to let anyone cut up this piston upper, it'll be Clandestine..., he has the proper motivation to destroy it with extreme prejudice. ;)

But Al will do it for free... Chad might charge you for the cost of updating his Tetanus shots and the Psychological damage of having to work on a piston AR.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    But Al will do it for free... Chad might charge you for the cost of updating his Tetanus shots and the Psychological damage of having to work on a piston AR.

True on both counts...

Chad did offer to let me try a suppressor on the piston, we're both curious to see if anything will/would break..., lifetime warranty is nice also, I break it, they fix it - no cost to me. :D

I did some test fires at the house, seems to be running as it should, so I'm debating on hitting the range to put some more rounds thru it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom