• Status
    Not open for further replies.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Shoremen,

I'm going to heading across fairly early tomorrow morning to see family down in Hurlock. Looking for good eats for breakfast, preferably along the rt 50 corridor. I used to stop at Island Inn, thant's gone. Used to stop at the little place in the Narrows that burned down a few years ago. Havn't eaten at Holly's since probably 1993 and don't really remember it. So, who serves a good stack of pancakes on the Shore?

Shoremen,

I'm going to heading across fairly early tomorrow morning to see family down in Hurlock. Looking for good eats for breakfast, preferably along the rt 50 corridor. I used to stop at Island Inn, thant's gone. Used to stop at the little place in the Narrows that burned down a few years ago. Havn't eaten at Holly's since probably 1993 and don't really remember it. So, who serves a good stack of pancakes on the Shore?

Holly's still has a good breakfast.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Holly's still has a good breakfast.

I just pulled up thier website (I'm stunned they have a website), prices are certainly right. I think the last thing I had there was an open faced turkey sandwich with fries, I recall being happy with it. Hell, the fact that I can remember a meal I ate last century :D should say something. OK, anybody else got an idea?

I just pulled up thier website (I'm stunned they have a website), prices are certainly right. I think the last thing I had there was an open faced turkey sandwich with fries, I recall being happy with it. Hell, the fact that I can remember a meal I ate last century :D should say something. OK, anybody else got an idea?

Cracker barrel will be open in about 2 months, so perhaps on your next trip...

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Laugh all you want, but Hardee's has killer breakfast. There's a diner on the left going down I believe in Easton, but maybe Cambridge thats good too. Forgot whats its called...

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thanks guys. I may try B&B as I'll come to it first. Glad to know that Holly's is still chugging along and if B&B's is busy, I'll keep moving down to Grasonville. Now, where the heck is Sears on Kent Island? Is it near Bakers? Is it in the same plaza that used to have a gym up in the corner?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    cambridge diner, on the far side of cambridge, on the left of 50. You can get a ton of food pretty cheap. The place aint much to look at but they can cook.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Shoremen,

Joppaj,

Island Inn was in Cambridge, right? If it is the same place I'm thinking of, they had some of the best cream of crab soup and it was cheap. I used to stop there all the time after hunting out on Eliott's Island. That was the ticket after a day humping the marsh. Kevin

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Joppaj,

Island Inn was in Cambridge, right? If it is the same place I'm thinking of, they had some of the best cream of crab soup and it was cheap. I used to stop there all the time after hunting out on Eliott's Island. That was the ticket after a day humping the marsh. Kevin

There may have been one in Cambridge, but I meant the one on Kent Island right next to Stevensville Middle School. It's still there, but it's been bought by someone else and I don't think they serve breakfast.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Thanks guys. I may try B&B as I'll come to it first. Glad to know that Holly's is still chugging along and if B&B's is busy, I'll keep moving down to Grasonville. Now, where the heck is Sears on Kent Island? Is it near Bakers? Is it in the same plaza that used to have a gym up in the corner?

50E to Cox Neck Rd to first left Rt 18 (Baker's Liquors on corner). Sears on left about a 1/4 mile down. B&B just after Sears on the left.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    There may have been one in Cambridge, but I meant the one on Kent Island right next to Stevensville Middle School. It's still there, but it's been bought by someone else and I don't think they serve breakfast.

Island Inn was bought out by Ram's Head, the same people that own the two Ram's Heads in Annapolis and the Rams Head Live in Baltimore. It's called Ram's Head Shorehouse (I think) and it's a pretty good bar. I think it's an improvement over Island Inn but I'm not an eastern shore old timer like Joppa :D ;)

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Island Inn was bought out by Ram's Head, the same people that own the two Ram's Heads in Annapolis and the Rams Head Live in Baltimore. It's called Ram's Head Shorehouse (I think) and it's a pretty good bar. I think it's an improvement over Island Inn but I'm not an eastern shore old timer like Joppa :D ;)

We stop in there a few times a year. Nice sound system in there.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    At one point there was an English's restaurant in either Easton or Cambridge (I think it was Easton) where I have eaten, and it had pretty good food, but that was a long time ago.

When it comes to breakfast, any diner usually has good food if you want to take the time.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    B&B's review... Best d*mn homefries I've had in a long time. Perfect balance of onions, butter and salt, fried to crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, absolutly delicious. Pancakes were very good and the short stack my daughter had was two plate size pancakes, everyone liked them. Coffee was hot, waitstaff was friendly if not nessisarily the most attentive on Earth. I think the problem there was a load of regulars that like to chat, but I deduct no points because nobody looked at us funny when my daughter got loud. Overall, good call AK!

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    B&B's review... Best d*mn homefries I've had in a long time. Perfect balance of onions, butter and salt, fried to crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, absolutly delicious. Pancakes were very good and the short stack my daughter had was two plate size pancakes, everyone liked them. Coffee was hot, waitstaff was friendly if not nessisarily the most attentive on Earth. I think the problem there was a load of regulars that like to chat, but I deduct no points because nobody looked at us funny when my daughter got loud. Overall, good call AK!

Good to hear and glad to help. The breakfast buffet they have there is very good too. Like I said, it's our favorite spot during hunting season in between morning and afternoon hunts. Glad you liked it Joppa :thumbsup:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    301 Truck Stop if you like grease with your eggs and miss the smell of the Marlboro Man!!

Ate there once in about 1996, I'm not tripping over myself to get back there. There used to be another truck stop on 301 up near Millington. I don't know what the real name was but my friends from that area used to call it The Dutch Deli. They had great fried chicken.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom