Where to buy deer meat in/around Gaithersburg?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    How much is the butcher fee typically?

Depends on weight but say 90lb field dressed doe about $75 for a regular cut with butcher paper. I spring the extra $12 for vacuum sealed. I got 40lbs of boneless meat back from my last 95lb deer. I am butchering my own now though to save money.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    you pay the butcher fee and i'll kill you one.
    I'll butcher it to order and take a hind quarter and half side of ribs.Pay for the pork, casings, and spices, and I'll make sausages.
    My favorite is "The King of all Venison Sausage Recipe" google it.
    Another great cut is the meat surrounding the neck. You have the 'Boston Butt' (neck)
    on a table, and with a long filet knife cut circular around the neck bones and trachea and you have like a tube of meat, intact. Fill it with onions, spices, etc. , roll it, tie it, and bake rare.

May 21, 2013
    Deer Meat's Good

Dear gentlemen... is anyone willing to share/sell some deer meat to me... I live in DC and would like to get some.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Dear gentlemen... is anyone willing to share/sell some deer meat to me... I live in DC and would like to get some.

What? You want someone to sell you deer meat when it's illegal. Everyone on this site knows it's illegal.
    Are you a Jr. Investigator? Do you know that many MD Shooter’s members are law enforcement officers?
    This type of questioning with a recent join date is a red flag.

I’ll gladly kill a doe for you this upcoming bow season, but you pay for the processing. I’ll let you know where I take the deer to be processed, so you can call and get prices on what you desire. When I get the deer, I’ll drop off at the meat processors – order what you desire, and you pick up and pay. You will likely need a large cooler.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I am getting ready to start filling crop damage permits in the next couple weekends so if you need some now i can get it for you. no charge and i also work in DC. Butchering is on you but i will skin and quarter it. you will have to meet me with your own cooler to transfer the meat.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I am getting ready to start filling crop damage permits in the next couple weekends so if you need some now i can get it for you. no charge and i also work in DC. Butchering is on you but i will skin and quarter it. you will have to meet me with your own cooler to transfer the meat.

Need some help from a newbie?

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    If the newbie wants to learn to gut, skin,
    and either quarter or butcher the deer, I don't
    believe that's illegal....
    When I had Crop Damage permits for the kill, it was Name, etc....

SWVALibrarian

Apr 5, 2014
    Hi,
    I live in Rockville and would love to get a deer, skinned and quartered, and I don't care if you keep the backstraps. I don't mind if it's buck or doe. It's not a pressing issue, I just can't get back home to SWVA to get a deer this fall. Any help would be appreciated!

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Wegmans often has venison in the "specialty meats" section. I believe that's usually D'Artagnon brand. Alternatively, you can mail-order venison from places like Shaffer Farms in PA.

Not the least expensive solution, but still a solution.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    If you want a deer I can ask the farmer where I goose hunt at cause he has crop damage permits and is always asking me if I want one.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    In the State of Maryland (aka 'The Free State' LMAO) the sale of deer meat es verboten.

I swear I've seen it at a grocery store in MD because I remember coming home and telling my fiancee, "I sure am glad I harvest my own venison, because the tenderloins (about a pound) I just saw were $24!!"

Now maybe that was farmed deer, but I'm pretty certain it was in MD.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I swear I've seen it at a grocery store in MD because I remember coming home and telling my fiancee, "I sure am glad I harvest my own venison, because the tenderloins (about a pound) I just saw were $24!!"

Now maybe that was farmed deer, but I'm pretty certain it was in MD.

Must be farmed, pretty sure its the FDA that limits sales and whoever was selling had to have adhered to the food regulations.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Wegmans often has venison in the "specialty meats" section. I believe that's usually D'Artagnon brand. Alternatively, you can mail-order venison from places like Shaffer Farms in PA.

Not the least expensive solution, but still a solution.

LOl I saw that last year. We are are talking in the $40 a pound range for venison loin. I texted the wife a pic asking if she knew how many thousands of dollars we have in the freezer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom