• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peckman28

Aug 27, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Looks like you're off to a great start. I have a Spikes M4LE and it has been quite kind to me. It's always cool to see something a little different, I like the color scheme.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I'm hoping cleaning solvents won't strip the paint. I'd be extra careful when spraying anything. That is a killer idea tho, I never thought about it.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    I'd be most concerned with the paint on the plastic/rubber parts getting messed up, as it might not bond as well on those pieces. Then again you really shouldnt ever have to clean them with solvents. The painted parts on the receiver will hold up quite awhile to cleanings with CLP, rem oil, etc. I painted my roll marks once with testors and it held up great. I eventually decided I didnt care for it and sprayed it with powderblast and got down in the marks with a paintbrush to work it out. Had to repeat it a few times before the paint was gone.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Different. The vertical grip looks a little odd. I think it would look better with a vertical grip that didn't have finger grooves. It looks too much like you're going to grip it like a tommy gun and fire it from the hip.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Different. The vertical grip looks a little odd. I think it would look better with a vertical grip that didn't have finger grooves. It looks too much like you're going to grip it like a tommy gun and fire it from the hip.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ya it does kinda remind me of a tommy gun. I wanted one that matched the pistol grip. It feels very comfortable to me at the shoulder. I like it.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Agreed, very interesting. I think I like the full color furniture better. But that's just me. Kudos for going outside of the lines when you color. I am not brave enough yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom