• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Good friend lives near Salisbury, I've been to the area several times but not enough to feel like I really know it. May have an opputuniry in the area.

What do you guys think of the area, a Wicomico co mostly?

TD

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Good friend lives near Salisbury, I've been to the area several times but not enough to feel like I really know it. May have an opputuniry in the area.

TD

Live is Salisbury, no. Around, yes.

Where around Salisbury? Some people say OC/Pocomoke are close but take 30 minutes to drive to.

Living in DE is better than MD, although both have Communist leaders at the moment.

Kids?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Live is Salisbury, no. Around, yes.

Where around Salisbury? Some people say OC/Pocomoke are close but take 30 minutes to drive to.

Living in DE is better than MD, although both have Communist leaders at the moment.

Kids?
    Only main drawback from De. is their ban on suppressors. Otherwise...

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

TD

You don't want to live in town. Why pay State, County and City taxes. DE is cheaper by 14% easy. Worcester County has the lowest piggyback tax.

Good jobs if you want to work an can piss clean. Few Union jobs an if your in the service industry you'll be going against illegals. When your on a jobsite an the plumbers an electricians don't speak English, that's why the bid was low.

LEO jobs pay is low for town Cops. Gate kickers pay sucks in DE, an County lockups, but ECI is good with all the overtime you want. Have a few friends pulling over 100K an still have a life.

Waterman jobs, State can F you in a second. Then the weather makes it worse. If you own the boat an it's in good shape you'll make a good living. If you working for somebody else it will depend.

Realtors an car sales, always selling.

If a contractor tells you he'll be there Thursday, don't hold your breath. He didn't say what Thursday.

MD's, big shortage on all types. Finding one is a pain. If your in that business you can do well.

If you need a Western Shore lifestyle you'll hate the Eastern Shore. Nightclubs an shows are lacking, golf we have.

Act like an a$$ an you'll be labeled a "com'ere" (come here), that's like the N word here.

Look at the pre-Covid help wanted an you'll see what's lacking. You'll get more bang for your buck in the housing market but stay out of developments an anything built by Ryan Homes.

If married with kids check out which High School the house district is in. Some schools are not worth putting your kid in.

I could make three times as much working on the Western Shore. I even own a house in Hamilton. No F'ing way I want to put up with the trash over there. Cost more to live an I would get less bang for the buck. For what, being closer to a ballgame or museum? I make less an have more, that's the Eastern Shore.

Come on over.

Feb 28, 2013

TD

Some parts of Salisbury are decent, like the outskirts mostly

I like Hebron, Parsonsburg, Pittsville

Youll just have the tourons to deal with in the summer

Feb 28, 2013
    Salisbury has good down the tube in the last 20 years. Too many drugs and thugs these days. Go to Delaware, you won't regret it.

Yeah... particularly along the parkway

Still beats the hell outta Beirut on the Bay tho.

One day I was pickin up at a filter place on West Railroad across the tracks from Bozman Flooring and R.D Grier. Waitin for em to come out and load the skids, I see this thuggy lookin feller hoofin it down the street. Any other time if I saw I dude like this I’da crossed over and walked on the other side.

Anyhoo... feller stopped and got to talkin to me... seemed a bit too intelligent to be what I expected. Asked me where Im haulin out of... I said south side of Harm City. Said he lived there once... still got family there and they give him shit all the time for movin. Said “**** Baltimore and their 350 murders a year. Least down here I got a job”.

Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Live in Salisbury. Moved here 4 years ago from western shore. A lot of good things happening here since I was here in college 10 years ago. Rural area living, as some have said so the job opportunities may not be as plentiful depending on what you do. I like being 30 min from the beach, Cambridge, 15 min from a 500 yd outdoor beam, easy access to Delaware, and if you boat the Wicomico River is great. Feel free to DM me if you have specific questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Thanks for all the info, but plans fell through. I'm a bit disappointed but hope the cosmos has a reason to keep me where I am.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom