• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    LOL. I don’t see why not. I’ll let you know. He’s in Churchville, off Glenville Rd. Raises sheep.

I’ll be eating the pigeons....

I’ve had pigeon and it tasted pretty damn good. Better than bland white boneless chicken breast.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Protecting my aquarium as a prepper

For those that are into caring for fish, what would be the typical store of fish antibiotics that you would keep on hand for the purpose of preparing for their care?

There are numerous sites online to order fish antibiotics and I feel like it would be prudent to stock up on such antibiotics just in case.

Since these are often the same medicines as human antibiotics, and made in the same factories, you may not even keep fish as a pet yet have something to contribute to this discussion.

I've seen some aquarium keepers suggest the following as a means of protecting as small group of fish:

-Doxycycline: 200 at 100mg
    -Clindamycin: 50 at 300mg
    -Cephalexin: 100 at 500mg
    -Amoxicilin: 100 at 500mg
    -Metronidazole: 100 at 500mg
    -Sulf/Trim (allergic myself to this, but for other family): 100 at 800/160

For those that are into caring for fish, what would be the typical store of fish antibiotics that you would keep on hand for the purpose of preparing for their care?

There are numerous sites online to order fish antibiotics and I feel like it would be prudent to stock up on such antibiotics just in case.

Since these are often the same medicines as human antibiotics, and made in the same factories, you may not even keep fish as a pet yet have something to contribute to this discussion.

I've seen some aquarium keepers suggest the following as a means of protecting as small group of fish:

-Doxycycline: 200 at 100mg
    -Clindamycin: 50 at 300mg
    -Cephalexin: 100 at 500mg
    -Amoxicilin: 100 at 500mg
    -Metronidazole: 100 at 500mg
    -Sulf/Trim (allergic myself to this, but for other family): 100 at 800/160

I keep SMZ/TMP and Amoxicillin. Doxy will be added soon.
    Post #4
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=169387

Last edited:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    A couple of articles on Drug Expiration Dates. Just some additional information to file away in case.

Drug Expiration Dates — Do They Mean Anything? FDA study gets to the heart of expired medicine and safety. Harvard Health Publishing. Harvard Medical School
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/drug-expiration-dates-do-they-mean-anything

Wasted Medicine, The Myth of Drug Expiration Dates, ProPublica Journalism in the Public Interest
    https://www.propublica.org/article/the-myth-of-drug-expiration-dates

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Here is guy repping a service for real SHTF drugs.

The company has doctors that you consult with and they prescribe and ship the meds for $260 (there is also the youtuber's discount -$20 good thru mid-February), so $240 today.

The "kit" includes the following:

Unlimited physician follow-up for any questions relating to the use of any medication prescribed

Emergency Antibiotic Guide written by board-certified physicians as a companion to the use of your prescribed antibiotics

Amoxicillin-clavulanate 875 mg tablets (28 tablets)
    Azithromycin 250 mg tablets (6 tablets)
    Ciprofloxacin 500 mg tablets (28 tablets)
    Doxycycline 100 mg capsules (120 capsules)
    Metronidazole 500 mg tablets (30 tablets)

Each medical bundle is intended as an emergency supply for ONE ADULT.

* In the case of medication allergies the medications above may be substituted or removed at the discretion of the physician.

-----

FWIW I priced out the drugs/quantities above and I could get them for as low ~$82 by visiting a few local pharmacies (used GoodRx.com for pricing). Obviously that doesn't include the doctors consultation.

-----

I didn't compare the pricing to "fish" antibotics.

What say you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom