• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Maybe he meant 150 yards.

Hang on is directly over a bedding spot but has a lot of cover for me to sneak into. As long as the wind is blowing from N, nw or ne. And they are not feeding directly out front can get in/out without getting busted.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Fiance of the guy I'm letting hunt my property got her first deer ever opening day. Not a good pic, but she is a piebald. I am tanning the hide for her, and have the feet to do whatever I want with them. I can get pics of that when I thaw to work on the hide.

Attachments

• received_241054817234114.jpeg
      received_241054817234114.jpeg
      9.6 KB · Views: 514

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Fiance of the guy I'm letting hunt my property got her first deer ever opening day. Not a good pic, but she is a piebald. I am tanning the hide for her, and have the feet to do whatever I want with them. I can get pics of that when I thaw to work on the hide.

Heck of a first deer! I’ve dreamt about deer opening day (the night before) for years, never capitalized. Glad somebody did!

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Had a great day hunting Sika on a private farm yesterday ! Ate the backstraps for dinner and rest of deer is at butcher.

Attachments

• DE5B1A84-18CA-446E-9E31-72AEEE5A5A87.jpg
      DE5B1A84-18CA-446E-9E31-72AEEE5A5A87.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 397

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    One of my cell cams at my lease had not transmitted in a while asked a buddy who was heading down to the club to check. He found it open and turned off. Beyond pissed, spend too much time, effort and money down there to have poachers blowing up my spot where work hard to maintain.

Attachments

• 7D1971B6-DB72-471A-BE6C-5BF8C3C0B604.jpg
      7D1971B6-DB72-471A-BE6C-5BF8C3C0B604.jpg
      187.9 KB · Views: 388

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County

Attachments

• FullSizeR1(3).jpg
      FullSizeR1(3).jpg
      80.4 KB · Views: 365
    • FullSizeR2.jpg
      FullSizeR2.jpg
      90.8 KB · Views: 425

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    My dad used to get chiggers all the time, horribly. He would pack the area with sulphur... he said it helped... sometimes he would paint over the bites with clear nail polish. I've never had them. Mosquitoes are my bane. I attract every one in the area code. I can be standing next to 10 people outside... they might get 2 or 3 bites between them.... I'll get 70 or 80. If I get bit a week or so later... even just one bite, all the old ones reagitate and come back. My son is the same way.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The bullet stopped inside the skin. I was able to retrieve the copper jacket. While skinning, we heard the chunk of lead hit the floor but it rolled between the decking.

That's what you want the bullet to do. Expend all its energy inside the cavity.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I just read all the posts about chiggers. I have never gotten any that I know of. But my parents have. In fact, they are in the grass here in town and my dad has to spray his shoes and pant legs daily, or they would eat him up. I think they get on the dog too. As he has itching that I know is not fleas, as I use activyl on him. Mosquitoes also love my dad, and the dog. So could be mosquito bites on the dog as well.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Walked in around 1:30. Saw a group of does feeding on acorns. Buddy’s property in Monkton. Wind was perfect blowing at me. Need to get 10 yards to clearing where i would have a shot then she blew at me. Was bedded behind me. Climbed up with my summit and she came back 20 minutes later. She wont blow at me next time.
    HNZTQMj_d.webp

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Walked in around 1:30. Saw a group of does feeding on acorns. Buddy’s property in Monkton. Wind was perfect blowing at me. Need to get 10 yards to clearing where i would have a shot then she blew at me. Was bedded behind me. Climbed up with my summit and she came back 20 minutes later. She wont blow at me next time.
    HNZTQMj_d.webp

Congrats! Good harvest!

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    One of my cell cams at my lease had not transmitted in a while asked a buddy who was heading down to the club to check. He found it open and turned off. Beyond pissed, spend too much time, effort and money down there to have poachers blowing up my spot where work hard to maintain.

That's bull, hide a game camera nearby and catch the pos.:mad54:

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I'm putting up another stand today. New spot I got to thin and I killed one doe going to the feeder. Hunted three times from last weekend to today and just like that no feeder pics and deer are ignoring it. Acorns are king right now!! The stand will be in a 40 yard funnel that they have been traveling behind me.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm heading out today for my first deer hunt of the year. From now until bear season, I'll be on doe patrol, killing as many doe as I can. Crop damage permit in hand. :party29:

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Got this six last night. Meat for the freezer because you can’t eat horns

Attachments

• 3266CEE1-2CC3-4B0C-B03C-52E3F2CFAC27.jpeg
      3266CEE1-2CC3-4B0C-B03C-52E3F2CFAC27.jpeg
      58.9 KB · Views: 233

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads