Where to buy deer meat in/around Gaithersburg?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Hello Gentlemen,
    I live in Gaithersburg and I've no experience or clue in hunting.
    I'd would love to get a deer (buck or doe), skinned and quartered, and I don't care if you keep the backstraps.
    I've a chest freezer and I don't mind if the amount of meat is much.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    -Joe

Lemme guess.

You want free dog food.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Hello Gentlemen,
    I live in Gaithersburg and I've no experience or clue in hunting.
    I'd would love to get a deer (buck or doe), skinned and quartered, and I don't care if you keep the backstraps.
    I've a chest freezer and I don't mind if the amount of meat is much.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    -Joe

It's not clear from your post as to what "help" you are actually looking for. Are you looking for help gaining experience hunting to successfully harvest your own and then guidance on how to butcher it? Help finding a shop or online source that sells farm raised venison? Looking for someone to donate part or all of their deer? As others have noted in this thread, it is not legal to sell wild game, so I assume that is not what is being asked.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    On two seperate occassions, I have witnessed a fresh hit deer being thrown in the back of a truck. I don't know if it's legal here in MD but I bet the MDOT guys dont mind one less mess to clean up. :)

Its technically not without a road tag but at least the local police around here prefer that they not be laying around the road. My neighbor hit one a few years back and called me because it was still alive but off the road. Police were there to take a report for his insurance. They apparently aren't allowed to shoot it unless its in the road. He said it was cool so with police supervision I took some fresh and relatively undamaged road meat. Put it down with my hunting knife. Im sure DNR would love to fine me for it. On my commute home if its cold enough and I saw it hit I have no moral or ethical qualms about grabbing it and have assisted more than a few upset motorists and threw the deer in the back of the truck at the same time. Its almost always just some shoulder damage. Only had one road deer where part of the backstraps were shot.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's not clear from your post as to what "help" you are actually looking for. Are you looking for help gaining experience hunting to successfully harvest your own and then guidance on how to butcher it? Help finding a shop or online source that sells farm raised venison? Looking for someone to donate part or all of their deer? As others have noted in this thread, it is not legal to sell wild game, so I assume that is not what is being asked.

Taken care of.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Its technically not without a road tag but at least the local police around here prefer that they not be laying around the road.

I remember all the derision which was heaped upon WV when they were one of the first in the nation to make it legal to take deer that had been injured or killed by a vehicle strike and keep them for food. All kinds of rednecks & roadkill jokes popped up in news outlets around the US. There, you don't have to wait for a police officer to bring a tag or anything, you just call it in for an electronic check-in and road tag within 24 hours of harvesting.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I remember all the derision which was heaped upon WV when they were one of the first in the nation to make it legal to take deer that had been injured or killed by a vehicle strike and keep them for food. All kinds of rednecks & roadkill jokes popped up in news outlets around the US. There, you don't have to wait for a police officer to bring a tag or anything, you just call it in for an electronic check-in and road tag within 24 hours of harvesting.

So how does one get a road tag, and can you still get one if you were off-roading in the woods with a crossbow bolt stuck on your hood when you hit the deer?

Asking for a friend.

Have you found anyone in the Maryland area selling or donating deer meat??? If so please help

Before everyone starts piling on TOO much, it is illegal to sell game meat in Maryland. Giving it away/donating it is perfectly legal. When asking if any is "for sale" it will be met with suspicion.
    If you're looking for venison because you don't hunt (like me) or supply a food bank/shelter, I'm sure there are many here who would help you out. If your family is in need of food, plenty of us will take you grocery shopping.
    (I am responding to all the threads)

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    It is illegal to sell deer meat in MD.

The Chop Shop in Gaithersburg has Venison backstraps and Tenderloins as well as wild BOAR roasts for sale.
    I saw them today as I picked up some duck breast.
    So - you CAN buy it in stores.

see theBert's post #62

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    The Chop Shop in Gaithersburg has Venison backstraps and Tenderloins as well as wild BOAR roasts for sale.
    I saw them today as I picked up some duck breast.
    So - you CAN buy it in stores.

see theBert's post #62

I guess I should’ve said “wild” deer. My bad.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Become friends with some hunters. Go out with them to help carrying/cleaning/butchering deer and get free meat. Is that too hard?

mrgemini

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 24, 2020
    deer meat

Hello all im located in the pasadena maryland area and im looking for deer meat. from reading the things ive seen on this site i realize that the selling of deer meat is forbidden. so i was wondering if anybody could help a brother out. i can pay processing. Thanks either way this post goes.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hello all im located in the pasadena maryland area and im looking for deer meat. from reading the things ive seen on this site i realize that the selling of deer meat is forbidden. so i was wondering if anybody could help a brother out. i can pay processing. Thanks either way this post goes.

This is, as you note illegal. Further you solicited at least one member via PM to do it for you.

Good bye.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    This is, as you note illegal. Further you solicited at least one member via PM to do it for you.

Good bye.

I just hope he wasn’t really in need. These are tough times for some. I’ve killed deer in the past for friends. I would gut it and they would take it to the butcher, and pay for processing. That’s not illegal (I hope:)).

I see your point though. The guy the other night hit every hunting thread in an hours time, seemed like he was trying to bait someone into selling him some meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom