• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    There is only a banned list. The KS47 obviously is not on it, nor can it be a copy of an AR15 since parts are not interchangeable. And even though AR lowers are legal, PSA has a nasty habit of basically not sending anything to Maryland. I had a friend even tell me they won't ship complete AR uppers to Maryland. But he was able to buy all of the parts and he put it together himself.:sad20:
    I've bought two completed uppers and a 10/22 from PSA since FSA 2013, live in MD, and had zero problems with the orders.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I've bought two completed uppers and a 10/22 from PSA since FSA 2013, live in MD, and had zero problems with the orders.

Try ordering a lower and see what they do. I buy uppers all the time even though it makes me grate my teeth

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

Why would you, uppers were never regulated and can be shipped to your door step (it's not a firearm) like a box of crayons. I think you are missing the point, the lower or AR15 is the problem!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Sure looks that way . Wonder if they will work on a 5.45x39 I may purchase 1 to give it a try ;-)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Why would you, uppers were never regulated and can be shipped to your door step (it's not a firearm) like a box of crayons. I think you are missing the point, the lower or AR15 is the problem!
    Not missing anything. See the post that preceded mine.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Was really hoping PSA would have chimed in on here??
    Don't hold your breath, they really don't respond to questions on their Facebook. I would be surprised if they were interested in this conversation.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

MD's stupid laws and dealers who deny Marylanders due to their unwillingness to understand said stupid laws ARE the problems:mad54:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    MD's stupid laws and dealers who deny Marylanders due to their unwillingness to understand said stupid laws ARE the problems:mad54:
    True, but your taking my statement out of context. That related specifically to what someone else said. Reading it alone would lead you to believe that I blaming AR15/lowers etc. That is not the case. I was saying it's the problem at hand, or the issue we are discussing.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    wondering will they sell the lower separately.

Edit: found my answer!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ks47-complete-classic-lower-retail.html

This part causes me to pause......

"The KS47 lower requires the use of the PSA KS47 upper to accept AK magazines. Standard AR15 uppers will not function with AK magazines."

I am probably reading into this, but I hope they are putting this disclaimer for the idiot who wants to put a 5.56 upper on this and doesn't mean that it is proprietary and only works with PSA's KS47 upper.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    This part causes me to pause......

"The KS47 lower requires the use of the PSA KS47 upper to accept AK magazines. Standard AR15 uppers will not function with AK magazines."

I am probably reading into this, but I hope they are putting this disclaimer for the idiot who wants to put a 5.56 upper on this and doesn't mean that it is proprietary and only works with PSA's KS47 upper.
    Your not, seems that it is proprietary after all. I read that and asked the question on their FB, they never responded to my questions or anyone else. Seems these lowers won't even work with their AR47 uppers, which are posted under an entirely different section heading on their website.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I haven't fired the PSA KS47 . But I have a mutant and love it !! Very light weight even though it's a .308 based gun. Recoil is non existant. Excellent on follow up shots ! And honestly I lucked into mine cheaper then the PSA gun ( right place right time) new in the box . So now I'm curious about the PSA gun.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Your not, seems that it is proprietary after all. I read that and asked the question on their FB, they never responded to my questions or anyone else. Seems these lowers won't even work with their AR47 uppers, which are posted under an entirely different section heading on their website.

Yeah, I found the link for just a stripped KS47 lower, it says it has to be used with a KS47 upper. I guess the only hope is that they produce several PSA KS47 uppers to choose from. Might as well just buy the whole rifle. Too bad, this would have been a cool build from the ground up.:tdown:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    What makes it better than the Mutant?
    Price, we thought that it was "milspec" therefore there would be no issues with parts interchangeability. Don't really know I watched a couple of videos and the rep says you can use any upper with their lower. He makes a huge point of it. I really need clarification.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Price, we thought that it was "milspec" therefore there would be no issues with parts interchangeability. Don't really know I watched a couple of videos and the rep says you can use any upper with their lower. He makes a huge point of it. I really need clarification.

That's what I was thinking too, everything is supposed to be interchangeable.

Now we're not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom