• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Same situation here...my CSO can only verify clearance for official business. I can get employment verification from HR but doesn’t include clearance. Called the LD and the woman said not to worry it will be assigned to a trooper to investigate....famous last words! two-weeks into application acceptance so still have a long way to go. I can prove the TS requirement with a job posting, which is on the web so nothing classified. I DON’T TRUST THIS STATE!

Please update this when you hear something. I'm curious to see how this plays out

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Will do. Like I said I am 2 weeks in from application acceptance, which is basically fingerprints verified that they were done, picture attached and oh yeah payment. $340 later with class, fingerprints, passport photo and application. Co-worker just applied in Pa...$20

FatTony

Aug 2, 2015
    Carroll County
    Application submitted online with SSO security clearance letter Oct. 18th.
    Application accepted and waiting on assignment to a background investigator Oct. 24th.
    My SSO also provided a contact number for the LD in the letter.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I'm curious what those of you used as proof of TC clearance?

I know my company wouldn't give me anything stating it as it's against their BBPs.

Nor will mine. I also work at the kind of place where if I asked and gave the reason they would report me to HR since guns are scary and bad m’kay.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    If you lost your data breach letter and request a replacement using the website, it warns it will be several weeks. I know someone that waited four weeks for theirs.

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Following back around with this. I received word from my FSO today that my company will not provide clearance information to me per a DCSA policy.

Rounding back to this, my FSO told me they did this for another employee a couple of years ago but then couldn't find the format they used. Fast forward to today, they won't give it to me.

I understand the policy and why it's there. Anyone see a way around the letter? I don't believe the MSP will grant it based on my word and a breach letter from the OPM.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Courier card?

Show the FSO the MSP policy and how the info is being released to a law enforcement agency for an official purpose? They could produce the letter after your interview, if you're willing to be higher risk. Or have the interview and then the FSO meets the investigator.

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Courier card?

Show the FSO the MSP policy and how the info is being released to a law enforcement agency for an official purpose? They could produce the letter after your interview, if you're willing to be higher risk. Or have the interview and then the FSO meets the investigator.

Problem is that it is not official business. In hind sight I should have listed my CSO as a reference that way they could be told first hand that the info can’t be provided. I’m going to be quite pi$$’d if I am denied because of it! They are investigators...let them investigate. This will be another example of how the state will pick and chose who they want to have a permit.

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    hey guys. so i'll be joining this fight...
    like stated by others, i dont believe my agency will issue a letter stating clearance (TS) level. welp... im taking the md ccl class on the 18/19th of this month and we'll try to move forward from there.
    real shame
    but hey, persistence is the name of the game i hear. like already mentioned VOE's dont work anymore -_____- i think it's time to see about who ya know in HR to get you some solid evidence that proves clearance level. i'll be checking back on this thread often and updating with my experiences in a few weeks.
    the forum is great though for collective idea's!
    glad to be here

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    like stated by others, i dont believe my agency will issue a letter stating clearance (TS) level. welp... im taking the md ccl class on the 18/19th of this month and we'll try to move forward from there.
    real shame
    but hey, persistence is the name of the game i hear. like already mentioned VOE's dont work anymore -_____- i think it's time to see about who ya know in HR to get you some solid evidence that proves clearance level. i'll be checking back on this thread often and updating with my experiences in a few weeks.
    glad to be here

HR can verify employment for me but not clearance. Now, all employees within my org are required to have TS but will that be accepted without written notice? Guess we will see. I have to wonder if the requirement by MSP to have written documentation was by design to further limit the number permits issued knowing that most agencies could not provide the info outside of official business.

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    real shame
    glad to be here

Good luck, you're not far behind us.

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    I have to wonder if the requirement by MSP to have written documentation was by design to further limit the number permits issued knowing that most agencies could not provide the info outside of official business.
    i want to guess yes? sigh

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    I've been doing some digging on this since my company went provide anything to me. It looks like you can request a copy of your BI and clearance status via FOIA. I believe you would have to go through whatever federal agency conducted it. I.e. OPM or DSS for most of them.

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    so im not NSAP however i work with a lot of them. im on great terms with many of the officers, im reaching out to day to see if i can talk to whoever met with MSP and if they'll be able to assist me in writing my justification with my VOE that we'll assume wont be accepted as is.
    will update

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Well, I just learned that my org has a Clearance Passage Unit at our HQ level. Called and the gentlemen I spoke to was very helpful after I explained what I needed. Five minutes later...letter in hand!

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Well, I just learned that my org has a Clearance Passage Unit at our HQ level. Called and the gentlemen I spoke to was very helpful after I explained what I needed. Five minutes later...letter in hand!

A lot of us are curious how you got them to pass to a MD State entity, for something that some SSOs/FSOs,etc. argue isn't "Official Business". What level are you referring to as HQ? A lot of GOV employees have run into brick walls on the verification side. Contractor employees seem to have better luck with more flexible security people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom