• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    When my gym opened in late June, my first squat workout was 3 sets of 5 reps at 205. Today I hit 5 sets of 5 reps at 265. Feels good to make progress!

Last Friday I tried something I really liked: I set the pins in the squat rack super high so I could only do a quarter rep and took 355 for a ride. Was good to walk out weight that is way heavier than I’m used to and do a few partial reps.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Squatted 300 for two sets of 3 reps today. That’s solid for me. 170 pound body weight and 42 years young. A few weeks ago I could only do 300 for singles. Feels good to make progress!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Squatted 300 for two sets of 3 reps today. That’s solid for me. 170 pound body weight and 42 years young. A few weeks ago I could only do 300 for singles. Feels good to make progress!

*****SHHH. Stick to the DOW 26,000 threads or our new overlords, if Biden wins next week, will force you to pull the plow!!!! :lol:

300 lbs is awesome though! Congrats! You're almost at Sara's squat weight!!!!

Attachments

• 45_exercise.jpg
      45_exercise.jpg
      103.8 KB · Views: 184

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD

Awesome, congrats!

I have only done sets of 5 this year. I keep getting around my bodyweight (220), then having an issue pop up. Just can't bust past two plates.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Last week I got reacquainted with our exercise bike for the first time since about last December. And damn...I have a lot of catch-up work to do. While I've miraculously been able to maintain my weight and actually lose a few, my leg strength and endurance which weren't great to begin with, have taken a hit this year.

Our bike is a recumbent NordicTrack with an amusing feature that lets you create virtual rides anywhere in the world using Google Maps. The street-view setting puts you down in the road with a moving frame-by-frame view as you "ride". This morning's trip was a 4.8 mile ride through our old neighborhood in New Orleans. I suppose it's a gimmick, but it helps keep me engaged in what is otherwise a boring activity to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 8.17.59 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 8.17.59 AM.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 122

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Got back to walking every day, I've been averaging between 3 and 5 miles depending on errands that need done.

At some point, I'll work in a small workout with the equipment along a hiker/biker/walking trail near me. Trying to find out what percentage of body weight they use for them. Mostly interested in using the lat pull down, the seated chest press, and the leg press machines, that all move the seat and use a percentage of body weight as the resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom