• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    ...so chasing the MFrs down after they’ve tried to waylay you and kill you...that’s NG?

Only if they have refused your challenge to settle it in the Thunderdome. Otherwise if you find yourself under attack by a mob in the middle of a riot, it is likely at the end of a road paved with terrible decisions, so stop making terrible decisions, and GTFO.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Another thing to keep in mind is that, if the police get involved in your defensive situation, they'll likely confiscate the weapon(s) you used until the resulting case is settled. So, do you really want to use your best weapon(s), or perhaps rather your most reliable but easiest to replace?

Train like you want to play.

Use the tools you train with to play.

If you train with a rubber ball and then switch to a leather ball to play you have changed tools and should expect differences.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Another thing to keep in mind is that, if the police get involved in your defensive situation, they'll likely confiscate the weapon(s) you used until the resulting case is settled. So, do you really want to use your best weapon(s), or perhaps rather your most reliable but easiest to replace?

I bought my best for a situation like this.

Colt AR and CZ P-01. Both bone stock and with thousands of rounds down the barrel

I been keeping a SAR 3 (AK variant in 5.56) by my chair in the living room since mid march with 2/30's taped back to back. Glock 30 and Springfield XDE within a couple steps form my chair. I don't like surprises.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    'Old Faithful' 300AAC

A real crowd pleaser...

Attachments

• 20200601_134416.jpg
      20200601_134416.jpg
      44.6 KB · Views: 757

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Slr-106. AK reliability that takes easy to find 5.56. Bayonet for last resort.

If you've put yourself in a situation where you're realistically considering using a knife instead of a semi-automatic, intermediate cartridge firing rifle- you've made some very poor choices. :innocent0

But in all seriousness, looks pretty cool.

Considering the fact that we're dealing with large mobs of looters and rioters, your best bet is any semi auto with a decent capacity. Hint: AR. Failing that, living in a rural community with a Remington 870 would suffice.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Failing that, living in a rural community with a Remington 870 would suffice.

I live in the country. It stated situation. I have rifles,etc.... Im still saiga12, before is run out, then ill get something else. ;)

Attachments

• workkw1.jpg
      workkw1.jpg
      33 KB · Views: 675

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I think a good 12-gauge shotgun and a pistol caliber carbine would do well. A scenario when a rifle would be needed the range would great enough it would be very difficult to justify deadly force was needed as the perp would be far enough away not be be considered an imminent threat. I'm not saying a good M4 or similar won't do the job and do it well...just that there might be better alternatives for the likely scenarios.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think a good 12-gauge shotgun and a pistol caliber carbine would do well. A scenario when a rifle would be needed the range would great enough it would be very difficult to justify deadly force was needed as the perp would be far enough away not be be considered an imminent threat. I'm not saying a good M4 or similar won't do the job and do it well...just that there might be better alternatives for the likely scenarios.
    I want an SBR. It is easily deployed from a motor vehicle, as well as brought to bear from inside a(now stranded) motor vehicle. Obviously, there always has to be a backup handgun that goes along with any long gun. A 300 Blk puts nice big holes in people.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    For normal times I think a shotgun or PCC will work, if the S has truly hit the fan, I expect many will be armored up if they’re raiding houses. Therefore I want a rifle.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Everybody must be thinking "shotgun" because buckshot is nowhere to be found.
    I'm thinking being in a car, I guess because of the other thread and the fact that any other situation, I would be home and all HD rules would apply.

If you want to defend your castle with a shotgun, more power to you. I'd rather shoot my bullets, one at a time.:)

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I'm thinking being in a car, I guess because of the other thread and the fact that any other situation, I would be home and all HD rules would apply.

If you want to defend your castle with a shotgun, more power to you. I'd rather shoot my bullets, one at a time.:)

Agreed, but my shotgun is right next to me for when they are in the home. :party29::party29::party29::party29:

I'm not driving anywhere without protection in my vehicle. Sub2k folds up and fits nicely under the seat. Would take an ar but I don't have any HBARs and I'm not sure of the legalities of keeping a regulated rifle in your vehicle. Also have expandable baton and bug out bag. Looking into getting some smoke grenades to scater any idiots blocking the road.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I know rifles...but these will come in handy...

Sig 250
    Built MP5
    Para Warthog SS .45 Lehigh Defense ammo.

the rest ....breakin and find out...
    or a Retro XM177

-Rock

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I'm not driving anywhere without protection in my vehicle. Sub2k folds up and fits nicely under the seat. Would take an ar but I don't have any HBARs and I'm not sure of the legalities of keeping a regulated rifle in your vehicle. Also have expandable baton and bug out bag. Looking into getting some smoke grenades to scater any idiots blocking the road.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Love mine.

Attachments

• 0FEBA003-4402-48E8-88B6-9A6DCAA14FD4.jpg
      0FEBA003-4402-48E8-88B6-9A6DCAA14FD4.jpg
      45 KB · Views: 624

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater