• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    We were down at Assateague over the weekend and went up to the OC Boardwalk on Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours - Thrasher's Fries and Fisher's Caramel Popcorn - old people food for those reminiscing about their long ago youth. The demographics of the crowd has definitely changed (predominately Latino and Black) and reading some of the local papers, it appears that the crime rate has seen a substantial jump directly related to that change - meaning, the perps involved in the recent Boardwalk problems were all early 20s Blacks and the same demographic has been heavily involved in the uptick in carjackings down there. I mean no disrespect or racism but they published the bad guys' mugshots and the pictures tell the tale. That bad behavior just perpetuates the stereotype and does no one any good.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    We were down at Assateague over the weekend and went up to the OC Boardwalk on Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours - Thrasher's Fries and Fisher's Caramel Popcorn - old people food for those reminiscing about their long ago youth. The demographics of the crowd has definitely changed (predominately Latino and Black) and reading some of the local papers, it appears that the crime rate has seen a substantial jump directly related to that change - meaning, the perps involved in the recent Boardwalk problems were all early 20s Blacks and the same demographic has been heavily involved in the uptick in carjackings down there. I mean no disrespect or racism but they published the bad guys' mugshots and the pictures tell the tale. That bad behavior just perpetuates the stereotype and does no one any good.

My belief and hope is that this is due to the circumstances. Most of the lower end hotels are less than $100/night and aren't enforcing the usual 3 night minimum. For now, I'm clinging on to that. Compared to last year, the crowds are pretty light particularly during the week.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    LOL,

that was a TPYO

I'm a legal Antique
    OK, I'll give you bono fide antique, but to still be around at 142 has to be some kind of a record!!!!

Senior (~18) in 1896.

I was a Senior in 1976 and pissed that Mom made me stay home from the Fireman's Convention until Sunday for graduation. Back then, the locals looked to the Fireman to push out the Seniors, which was pretty interesting, since we weren't to most quiet of crews!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Eons ago, I went there for senior week and the environment was neither hostile nor unsafe. Quite the opposite. OC gov and PD did a great job balancing senior week antics while maintaining a family friendly environment. There was VERY minimal violence. It looks like that is no longer true. Shame.

The wife and I were planning on camping near Assateague and probably hitting OC for Thrashers, boardwalk, and me telling lies about how cool I was in high school. Maybe we will not be there not after dark.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Eons ago, I went there for senior week and the environment was neither hostile nor unsafe. Quite the opposite. OC gov and PD did a great job balancing senior week antics while maintaining a family friendly environment. There was VERY minimal violence. It looks like that is no longer true. Shame.

The wife and I were planning on camping near Assateague and probably hitting OC for Thrashers, boardwalk, and me telling lies about how cool I was in high school. Maybe we will not be there not after dark.

Assateague was nice early this morning, drove back to Bethany through OC, wasn't anything going on at 10AM.

Attachments

• IMG_0900.jpg
      IMG_0900.jpg
      84.5 KB · Views: 305

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    DE has 64 hospitalized with COV-19, 5 fewer then last week (per WBOC). But they are closing the bars down an some beaches for the 4th. Just get your employees back an have to lay them off again. What do you guys think, 60% of small businesses don't make it?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

I'm going to guess you and your buddies didn't carry your white privilege with you everywhere you went and try to assert it every chance you got.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    DE has 64 hospitalized with COV-19, 5 fewer then last week (per WBOC). But they are closing the bars down an some beaches for the 4th. Just get your employees back an have to lay them off again. What do you guys think, 60% of small businesses don't make it?

I just heard on the radio Rehoboth and Bethany are going to have 100% mask wearing in public instituted in town.
    Last week it was reported 30% of the area restaurants may not return after restrictions were put into place.
    West Sussex will have alcohol sales and serving still in place as for now.

Next-thing you know DNrec will be able to come on your property again to inspect unannounced as needed to make sure best practices are being exercised or to peep in your window lol.

Them weirdos were in Dorchester early spring interviewing deer hunters at their homes for potential wild life crimes until they were found out.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Should be a interesting weekend. DE has closed all bars at their beaches!!!

This is incorrect. No bars or restaurants are being forced to close this coming weekend, or thereafter in DE.

They have rolled the bars/restaurants back to phase 1 starting today, July 1. This means no bar stools and all drinks must be delivered to your table. Tables are supposed to be 6 feet apart. Masks. Reservations , or immediate seating. Blah blah blah....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom