• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    We've both been hankerin' for some Dairy Queen.

But, as hot as it's been, every time we go by one, the drive-through line is around the building, so we keep rolling.

Today, with it a little cooler, we stopped by the Odenton shop, and figured it was a decent, 'split-the-difference' line so we pulled in.

I see people inside, so I park and go to head inside, mask and all.

Well, there are no door handles--yes, they were removed--and the people I saw inside are employees, just sitting at a table. One of them started gesturing wildly, that we had to get in the drive-through line.

As I throw up my arms and turn back to the car, I see a sign on the door, "Inside closed due to Anne Arundel County Law". Well, since there is no such thing, I pointed to the sign, gave it a thumbs-down as I headed back to the car.

This is where it gets weird. We're leaving, and had already decided they didn't need our money if they were going to be stupid on top of inconvenient.

Well, this Troglodyte comes charging out of the door, spitting fire about how we'll never be allowed back, she'll be taking down my license plate, and ban us forever!! Oooooh, I'm so skeert.

The Missus is tracking down ways right now to complain to everyone she can about this. Everybody needs a hobby, right??

;)

She has reported this to DQ Corporate, and found that the Yelp! reviews for the shop are already in the toilet... so maybe we dodged one...

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Probably made more on covid unemployment check and hate going to work. Democrat bonus...

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I don't know how they make it.....too many employees for one line. Only open Noon to 5pm. Line is always around the building. Big order? No problem the next five cars just getting a cone can wait!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    why the heck are you going to dq?

It was there, and on a lark. Not life-affirming, by any means.

So how old were the employees? 18?

Wonder if they care about the long term profitability of the shop

This Mikulski wannabe was easily in her 40s, and I don't want to know the size of the bug up her ass.

I don't know how they make it.....too many employees for one line. Only open Noon to 5pm. Line is always around the building. Big order? No problem the next five cars just getting a cone can wait!!!

The downward line on their Yelp! listing should have them coming out somewhere in China any time now.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Had a "Large Cup" at Anne's yesterday - won't be going to DQ anymore! (kick myself in the butt for not getting one of their challenge coins)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom