• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    For the most part, people ignored ammo when it was cheap and available after the last crisis. My guess is that history will repeat itself, but we are going to be in for a very long spell this time before ammo is both cheap and available.

That's what I've been thinking too , I wasn't caught short the last time but I took advantage of the cheap prices as a glut of Ammo started so I have twice as much now . I believe more is better

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    That's what I've been thinking too , I wasn't caught short the last time but I took advantage of the cheap prices as a glut of Ammo started so I have twice as much now . I believe more is better

Yeah, I don't have as much stock as I'd like, I need to hoard more once this current craziness wears out. I think it's going to be a while until prices stabilize, though. Longer than last time.

I'm okay for practice/training but I'm shooting a lot more .22 this year than I would "normally."

Yeah, I don't have as much stock as I'd like, I need to hoard more once this current craziness wears out. I think it's going to be a while until prices stabilize, though. Longer than last time.

I'm okay for practice/training but I'm shooting a lot more .22 this year than I would "normally."

the Remington rep told a friend of mine in the industry that if things got back to normal today it would take them three years to produce enough ammunition to get stocking levels back to where they were pre pandemic. A combination of panic buying because of the pandemic and politics has caused this shortage. Raw materials are hard to come by and much of it is being used to fulfill federal state and local law enforcement contracts. Not to mention Small arms ammo manufacturing for the military.

The issue as I see it is things are not getting back to normal between the pandemic and politics anytime soon so who the hell knows when the stock levels of ammunition will be back to what we consider normal.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I wonder if .32 rimfire will make a comeback? I also hope .455 Webley comes back in to production.

Fiocchi is still making .455 Webley. Not cheap; 70-80cpr, but it can be had.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    the Remington rep told a friend of mine in the industry that if things got back to normal today it would take them three years to produce enough ammunition to get stocking levels back to where they were pre pandemic. A combination of panic buying because of the pandemic and politics has caused this shortage. Raw materials are hard to come by and much of it is being used to fulfill federal state and local law enforcement contracts. Not to mention Small arms ammo manufacturing for the military.

The issue as I see it is things are not getting back to normal between the pandemic and politics anytime soon so who the hell knows when the stock levels of ammunition will be back to what we consider normal.

What about when everyone chills out and the "panic" buyers want to sell? As long as people are holding on to it and not shooting it all there will be some around.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    What about when everyone chills out and the "panic" buyers want to sell? As long as people are holding on to it and not shooting it all there will be some around.

Panic buyers never want to admit their mistake. They are rarely willing to take the loss and sell anywhere new the panic recovery price. 18 months ago, there were tons of panic bought AR's for sale - at the last panic price.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    These prices are going crazy!

Just bullets alone....500 bergers I paid $160 for on July, I just paid $200 each in September. 2 months later I paid 25% more and they aren't even loaded rounds! Needed 3 boxes...kinda hurts for us guys that shoot a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom