• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    So with demand so high and supply so low looking @ what seems to be available over most commonly used pistol powders in 9 mm & .45 ACP.
    Looking at CFE pistol quite similar to Powder Pistol velocities for grain weight. Any of you reloaders use it with good results in 9 mm & .45 ?

Longshot while a shotgun powder for hunting loads has good ballistics in .45 so any one loading it so does it burn clean and burn completely? I use 200 gr copper plated round nose for shooting steel.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I switched to CFE pistol for most all of my "duty cal" loads, relatively clean, works well from 380 to warm 10mm, meters well, does fine when loaded light, but can get good velocities if loaded hot.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Looking at the chart, its a slow pistol powder suitable for heavier loads and/or high pressures. Not as good for lighter loads, just because it takes a lot more powder for similar velocities. Still talking a pistol though, so you might be out half a cent more powder per cartridge than a faster powder.

Anyway, I've been using Bullseye and just picked up 1# of CFE pistol for 147gr XTP 9mm loads. Seems to work great. 4.0gr, 1.095" COAL and I was getting ~940FPS with an SD of 8fps. 4.2gr was ~980fps and an SD of I think 11fps. Burned real clean out of my Glock 17.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I use CFE Pistol works great for 124g and up. On 115g it doesnt burn clean till you are at close to max load atleast for me anyway.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    I ran 6.0gr of longshot under a 230gr plated RN (X-treme) bullet out of a full size 1911 that felt great and made power factor for IDPA. powder burned completely.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    Shooter's World Clean Shot

I moved from Bullseye to Shooters World Clean Shot and I will never go back.

147gr 9mm
    3.5gr of Clean shot

158gr 9mm
    3.3gr of Clean shot

230gr .45 ACP
    4.8gr of Clean shot

Results very accurate, very cheap and very clean. This powder is the Bee's Knees!!!!

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    When Unique(the only pistol powder I have ever used) became impossible to find I tried some Shooter's World Ultimate Pistol powder in my 7.62x25mm loads for an M-57. Worked up a great load for it and plan to try it for 9mm, .38 Special, .45 ACP, and 8x18 Makarov. Rounds were accurate and it burned cleanly. The best part is that is is less expensive than most other powders, too.

These days, my goal is to develop loads using several powders for each caliber. Also grabbed some Win231 which is quite versatile.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I moved from Bullseye to Shooters World Clean Shot and I will never go back.

147gr 9mm
    3.5gr of Clean shot

158gr 9mm
    3.3gr of Clean shot

230gr .45 ACP
    4.8gr of Clean shot

Results very accurate, very cheap and very clean. This powder is the Bee's Knees!!!!

Where do you buy Clean Shot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom