• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I'm almost embarrassed to post my baby-sized button buck compared to all of the monsters being posted!

auNK9Je.jpg

Im not too sure that is a button buck.With a spike like that,it looks more like a small for size 1 1/2 year year old buck to me.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm almost embarrassed to post my baby-sized button buck compared to all of the monsters being posted!

auNK9Je.jpg
    A deer is a deer man. Don't ever be embarrassed of your harvest. Great work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Lol. Thanks, all. It's sitting in the keezer right now, waiting for me to butcher it.
    So if it's not a button buck, would it still be considered antlerless because of the length of the spikes?

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    A deer is a deer man. Don't ever be embarrassed of your harvest. Great work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lol. I was just talking about the posting part. I'm happy filling the freezer. There were 2 fawn sized deer farting around the same area that I'm going back to get tomorrow. They didn't have spots, but they were tiny af.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Nice buck! :party29: You definitely need to find some time to get in on the action.

My freezer died last weekend... putting a nice damper on going out this weekend here (for deer at least). The last bit of freezer space in the refrigerator was taken up by a fairly small freezer deer that I took earlier this year. Happy to have the meat, but will be missing the hunt as the rut continues.

Can't you buy another freezer? They're not that expensive and the meat value for the venison should offset it.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Lol. Thanks, all. It's sitting in the keezer right now, waiting for me to butcher it.
    So if it's not a button buck, would it still be considered antlerless because of the length of the spikes?

If an antler is less than 3 inches ,and isnt forked,then its considered to be anterless.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    If an antler is less than 3 inches ,and isnt forked,then its considered to be anterless.

Thanks. I thought so, but I became slightly concerned from the above posts noting it wasn't a button buck. I thought I might have needed to change the type of deer in the check in app.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    No horns to write home about, but meat in the freezer. I don't hunt for horns anyway :)

Oh, and I am switching back to my G5 Deadmeat broad heads. They had been sold out at my local shop so I switched over to Rage Hypodermic Trypan - failed to properly open and ended up making what should have been an easy recovery turn into an ordeal.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.jpg
      IMG_0662.jpg
      174 KB · Views: 258

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    No horns to write home about, but meat in the freezer. I don't hunt for horns anyway :)

Oh, and I am switching back to my G5 Deadmeat broad heads. They had been sold out at my local shop so I switched over to Rage Hypodermic Trypan - failed to properly open and ended up making what should have been an easy recovery turn into an ordeal.

:beer:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

auNK9Je.jpg

Congrats!
    I have passed on a number of these over the past month and I wont' be passing anymore. Next one is getting shot. I am told that deer management is down this year and deer need to be culled more than previous years. I had given up on the smaller ones cause I did not do my own processing. I think I'll just take the next one cause I'm seeing more deer on the back roads going home. Gotta do my part.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Congrats!
    I have passed on a number of these over the past month and I wont' be passing anymore. Next one is getting shot. I am told that deer management is down this year and deer need to be culled more than previous years. I had given up on the smaller ones cause I did not do my own processing. I think I'll just take the next one cause I'm seeing more deer on the back roads going home. Gotta do my part.

Thanks! And if you have the time, I strongly recommend taking a small one to practice your butchering skills. There are a retarded amount of youtube videos on butchering. I recommend the Bearded Butchers from Ohio. He takes it from freshly killed to nice freezer papered packages in a couple of detailed hours of instruction. Other than advertising their blends every other minute, they're great videos for the beginner.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Thanks. I thought so, but I became slightly concerned from the above posts noting it wasn't a button buck. I thought I might have needed to change the type of deer in the check in app.

I shot one like that years ago,but it only had 1 inch spikes. I thought it was a nice size doe.I hunt for meat,so no big deal.Glad you didnt use one of your buck tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom