Saint Victor Pistol - MD legal? We'll find out!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GatorNavyGuy

May 28, 2020
    After talking with my FFL...they agreed the Saint Victor 7.5" Pistol doesn't appear to be on the current "banned list".

However, I would need to get it reviewed, approved and listed on the MD handgun changed to reflect "approved" for this model before I could take possession.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-series/saint-victor-ar-15-pistols/saint-victor-556-ar-15-pistol

Looks like Springfield Armory also offers a "low capacity (10-round)" model as well but couldn't find one in stock. So, I bought this one in a 5.56 and told them not to ship the 30-round magazine.

I'll keep you updated.

GatorNavyGuy

Attachments

• STV975556B-SBA3-1024x342.jpg
      STV975556B-SBA3-1024x342.jpg
      15.6 KB · Views: 764

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Quick question... if you bought the parts and assembled it yourself, it doesn't matter if it's approved or banned, right?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Quick question... if you bought the parts and assembled it yourself, it doesn't matter if it's approved or banned, right?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You can't build a banned firearm but you can build an AR pistol.
    The handgun roster is for purchasing only.
    The banned list is entirely different.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    300 rifle

Lots of options for that Omega. Mine travels from AR to AR to my RPR in .308.
    Love it.

I do have a 300 AR i built in Chad’s class. Older CMMG 16” upper with keymod rail. It is carbine length system so after reading another thread hmmmmm. But Master Chad did do a lot to it. It was fubar. Really not good from CMMG. Works well now. Want to put the Omega on a pistol and form 1 the CMMG one.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I do have a 300 AR i built in Chad’s class. Older CMMG 16” upper with keymod rail. It is carbine length system so after reading another thread hmmmmm. But Master Chad did do a lot to it. It was fubar. Really not good from CMMG. Works well now. Want to put the Omega on a pistol and form 1 the CMMG one.

A little surprised about issues with CMMG but I guess any manufacturer can have them. Their RDB bolt/barrel combo in 9mm has been flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorNavyGuy

May 28, 2020
    Got it!

Just picked it up today. So...just the normal 7-day waiting period. Apparently, it didn't need to go to the review board after all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom