• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I tried searching but so many links are broken, current info is about impossible. TIA

2 form 1 suppressors. 1 form 1 sbr.

I guess I need a trust, is diy still possible, if so, where? (nothing fancy, just adding my wife for when I die, will add offspring when old enough) Non trust is fine too if I can pass down with non trust. I have no idea.

Can I pin a suppressor to the barrel and not need a sbr?

What is it about MD the SBR needs to be a certain length? (the stock folds too)

I'm sorry about the duplicate questions but so much of the info in the stickys and in searched threads has changed or the links are dead it is impossible to be confident in answers.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I tried searching but so many links are broken, current info is about impossible. TIA

1. I guess I need a trust, is diy still possible, if so, where? (nothing fancy, just adding my wife for when I die, will add offspring when old enough) Non trust is fine too if I can pass down with non trust. I have no idea.

2. Can I pin a suppressor to the barrel and not need a sbr?

3. What is it about MD the SBR needs to be a certain length? (the stock folds too)

I'm sorry about the duplicate questions but so much of the info in the stickys and in searched threads has changed or the links are dead it is impossible to be confident in answers.

Always better to number questions

2- pin / weld to make a 1 stamp gun, Yes. Some manufacturers even have pre-machined a hole for this purpose. Make an integrally suppressed barrel and avoid the SBR stuff, yes.

3. Overall length must be >29" Also remember the Copycat rifle rules, - a suppressor is a flash hider, so no folding stock. That would be too evil-ly!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I guess I need a trust, is diy still possible, if so, where? (nothing fancy, just adding my wife for when I die, will add offspring when old enough) Non trust is fine too if I can pass down with non trust. I have no idea.

Can I pin a suppressor to the barrel and not need a sbr?

What is it about MD the SBR needs to be a certain length? (the stock folds too)

A trust will make the 'hand-off' to your survivors much easier, should you meet with you demise. Plenty of DYI options on the web. Don't jump at the first one you find.

You can pin and weld you can to you barrel to achieve 16", but I am against that, especially if you reload. You never want to shoot "unknown" ammo through a can.

SBRs must have an OAL 29" or longer. That measurement should be taken with stock completely extended.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Dan, sorry about the numbers.

1. So search for trust. check

2. Pin and weld ok, but not doing it. check

3. Can I have a 29 in oal sbr suppressed with a folding stock? Fvcking maryland wtf.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The only thing I would caution against is that anyone you add on as a trustee will have to submit fingerprints and a photograph any time you buy something new in the trusts name.

It may not be a big deal to you, since it's your wife, but it does add a little extra expense to the overall process.

If you just want to have someone legally able to take possesion of them in the event you pass away, I think you can add someone on to a trust as a beneficiary, or maybe it' a "responsible person"? Wherever it is you get your trust done at, should be able to answer that question.

I used an online trust, it was fairly straightforward. I did the basic trust, which gave me a trust and that's it, no follow on support. In retrospect, I wish I had spent the extra money and gotten one with additional support.

I had to change my trust when the laws changed and the trustee I had, did not want to go through the process when I bought new items, so I had to remove him. I was lucky and they just helped me out free of charge.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Dan, sorry about the numbers.

1. So search for trust. check

2. Pin and weld ok, but not doing it. check

3. Can I have a 29 in oal sbr suppressed with a folding stock? Fvcking maryland wtf.

No folding. Not even on a pre-ban lower. The minute you make the SBR, you are making a "new" gun. Telescopic stock(as in AR 15 Carbine type stock) is GTG.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Also, in case it matters, SBRs are considered pistols under Maryland law for purposes of transport. Rifles for features, but pistols for transport. Its like the worst of all worlds in MD.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Also, in case it matters, SBRs are considered pistols under Maryland law for purposes of transport. Rifles for features, but pistols for transport. Its like the worst of all worlds in MD.

They get ya coming and going, the bastids!

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    The gun is a scorpion carbine. I was going to get an 8in barrel and suppress it. The stock folds. There is a hole I think I can put a bolt in. Is that different than a butt stock being bolted on?

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    If the bolt prevents it from folding, make sure that the bolt is permanent, i.e. welded.

I miss remembered. No hole. But they make fixed stock adaptors for Cali. I’ll do that. Thanks guys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom