• Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    In the US you can use 1 1/8 oz but not in International competition.

7.8 The cartridge shot load must not exceed 28 grams with a maximum tolerance of +2%. Shot must be spherical, of a regular diameter of 2.0 to 2.5 mm.

https://www.fitasc.com/upload/images/reglements/20191001_Rglts_PCH_01012020_ENG.pdf

Which is why you see those 7/8 ounce 1400-1500 fps loads.

I shoot in the US, so want my 1 1/8 ounce of 1250 fps 7 1/2 loads.

I shot the FITASC Nationals back in the 90s when it was at Hopkins Game Farm.

First station was crossing simo rabbits at a measured 45 yards. And it didn't get much better. :D

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    If anyone's still looking for an inexpensive 12 gauge, I have a Mossberg 500A (engraved version with the gold trigger, shooter, not a showqueen) with a rifled 24" slug barrel, and a 27"? one with an Accuchoke. Will sell with either, or both barrels.

Will be in the Classifieds very soon...(today if I can resize the pics)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Welp today will be the day to start busting clays after work :) . Not sure how well the clay thrower will work found a spring loaded thrower for 30 bucks on Saturday , string release not a foot pedal . Order a Stevenson 320 Youth Shotgun in Pink Cammo for the wife but that isnt in yet. Put two rounds thru a piece of plywood (1 stated it was for paper targets and the other for Clays) . The modified choke that came in the 870 was tight at about 10 yards , depending how today goes I might need to open the spread :)

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Welp today will be the day to start busting clays after work :) . Not sure how well the clay thrower will work found a spring loaded thrower for 30 bucks on Saturday , string release not a foot pedal . Order a Stevenson 320 Youth Shotgun in Pink Cammo for the wife but that isnt in yet. Put two rounds thru a piece of plywood (1 stated it was for paper targets and the other for Clays) . The modified choke that came in the 870 was tight at about 10 yards , depending how today goes I might need to open the spread :)
    This is how we had ours set up, worked fantastic for many years!!!
    4cf1933bc6afbb1c20aedd58e8fe3357.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    This is how we had ours set up, worked fantastic for many years!!!
    4cf1933bc6afbb1c20aedd58e8fe3357.jpg

Got lots of ri,s :) the legs on these are spikes so going to try it in the ground first . Also have a welder so might make something to attach to the three point in the back so dont have to lug it around :)

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Got lots of ri,s :) the legs on these are spikes so going to try it in the ground first . Also have a welder so might make something to attach to the three point in the back so dont have to lug it around :)
    Just an FYI....the torque of the throwing arm will loosen the dirt around the spikes very quickly requiring it to be moved frequently.

As long as you don't have to move the tractor some place to shoot..... We had to go to my dad's friends gravel pit, and we took it with us when we were camping some place we could use it.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Just an FYI....the torque of the throwing arm will loosen the dirt around the spikes very quickly requiring it to be moved frequently.

As long as you don't have to move the tractor some place to shoot..... We had to go to my dad's friends gravel pit, and we took it with us when we were camping some place we could use it.

Just to the horse pasture (no horses in there) I will make it removable if I build something ..

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Google "trailer hitch trap mounts" there are a lot of mounts designed for 2" receiver hitches.

Will do as I have a 2 inch receiver on the bottom of the ROPS to mount a ATV Sprayer so the wife can kill weeds

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    No clays yesterday :( Seems Walmart isnt following the Fed Guidelines the Elkton Walmart closed the sporting goods section so even though clays are on a shelf they wont let you buy them SMH not sure what damage you can do with em

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It makes NO sense to limit what you can and cannot buy. You are in the store.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    No clays yesterday :( Seems Walmart isnt following the Fed Guidelines the Elkton Walmart closed the sporting goods section so even though clays are on a shelf they wont let you buy them SMH not sure what damage you can do with em

So, instead of letting you grab them and go you and an employee had to talk and blow germs at each other!?!
    :rolleyes:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I’ve been trying to find clays locally. Towson to Shrewsbury Wally World has been out of stock over a month....

i got 2 90 packs today like 7 dollars each . Wife is going back for more tomorrow

So, instead of letting you grab them and go you and an employee had to talk and blow germs at each other!?!
    :rolleyes:

Tried it again little David Hogg wanna be (different clerk) saying sporting goods are closed but i pointed out the people buying fishing gear than he let me get targets but not shells that were on the shelf above

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    That SKB in the classified is a pretty darn good deal. If I didn't already have one, I'd probably have talked myself into buying it. You'd have to luck into a deal to do better.

Last edited:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Built this , can adjust the angle more :) . Have 450 clays but haven’t tested it yet

Attachments

• 2DFD9EC0-F3D7-4897-91AA-373C23771684.jpg
      2DFD9EC0-F3D7-4897-91AA-373C23771684.jpg
      141.8 KB · Views: 216
    Feb 28, 2013

They dont wanna give the impression of supportin gun ownership by mere peasants

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom