• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    Looking over the Henry Rifle selection I found they manufacture single barrel break open shotguns. I cut my teeth on an old H&R Topper in 28ga. then my dad traded that off as I got older for an even older 12ga. That thing was eventually replaced with a Winchester Ranger pump shotgun and that too was traded or sold somewhere down the line. Seeing those Henry's got me feeling nostalgic so I picked up a recreated memory; a Henry single shot 12ga. Unlike the old days the Henry has an ejector that is positive...meaning it will flat out fling both a hull and loaded shell with zing. The stock is of fine wood and the checkering exceptionally nice. This is not a paid endorsement, just my review. Bluing is solid and deep and the lettering is laser etched, which is meh. The hammer spur is flat which makes for a nice leverage surface. However, it is not quick and takes a fairly wide sweep to get it back. I may try my TC Encore hammer extension for increased speed. All in all a very nice shotgun for about 2.5 times what one would pay for an old Topper. I think paying a little more for a better gun is worth it in the end. Will I hang on to it to pass down to my grandchildren, probably not, because I have papaw's old rabbit shotgun, but the Henry is definitely heirloom quality.

Attachments

• IMG_3253.jpg
      IMG_3253.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 414

Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    A view of the butt stock with nice recoil pad. I forgot to mention it has screw in style choke system and comes with a single choke; the constriction escapes me. I would have liked to have all the 3 standard chokes at initial purchase.

Attachments

• shot.jpg
      shot.jpg
      93 KB · Views: 392

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I was always sorry to see H&R/NEF get euthanized by Freedom Arms or whomever bought them.

Nice, fun, reliable and a great price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom