• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    In the same situation. Had my father on mine and need to remove him and add my wife. perfect timing to find this thread!

Dec 15, 2012
    Md
    Hello fellas,

Thank you so much for all the help! Yesterday, Silencer Shop actually sent me a blank, generic name change template. They send an reminder email each day (which I like). Their first two emails just said I needed to change the name, the next two emails, phrased differently, again stated I needed to change the name, then this newest email actually included a template for the name change.

I actually ended up forming my own little hybrid, my phrasing the initial part as was recommended on the Legal Zoom link (earlier in the thread), then used their signature/ notary design.

I have attached a copy of what they sent to me, as well as a copy of what I actually used. I’ve already emailed this to Silencer Shop, and will let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks again, and glad to see this was helpful for other folks as well!

Attachments

• AEB00C70-9418-4ED3-B14C-3B09FD3D291D.jpg
      AEB00C70-9418-4ED3-B14C-3B09FD3D291D.jpg
      35 KB · Views: 453
    • A8E69279-C44C-47A9-B2FA-231F339BD58E.jpg
      A8E69279-C44C-47A9-B2FA-231F339BD58E.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 434

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Hello fellas,

Thank you so much for all the help! Yesterday, Silencer Shop actually sent me a blank, generic name change template. They send an reminder email each day (which I like). Their first two emails just said I needed to change the name, the next two emails, phrased differently, again stated I needed to change the name, then this newest email actually included a template for the name change.

I actually ended up forming my own little hybrid, my phrasing the initial part as was recommended on the Legal Zoom link (earlier in the thread), then used their signature/ notary design.

I have attached a copy of what they sent to me, as well as a copy of what I actually used. I’ve already emailed this to Silencer Shop, and will let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks again, and glad to see this was helpful for other folks as well!

Could you email me that? I could probably amend enough to make it a trustee amendment.

Dec 15, 2012
    Md
    Hello again,

The document they sent me is above. Just screenshot it and print it. It was not a typeable (if that’s a word) document.

Below their copy is the one I actually used). The Legal Zoom link that was mentioned earlier in this thread just gives direction to be a bit more specific as to who you are, why you can amend the trust, where it’s mentioned in the trust, and exactly what you’re hoping to do. I used the Legal Zoom steps to generate the top third of the above document, and just left the bottom 2/3 as Silencer Shop has worded it. I actually just received a confirmation email a bit ago as well, that Silencer Shop had uploaded it.

As for paying for a trust them not being to amend it… I actually was able to amend it, I just wanted to make sure it would be legally viable... while being as cheap and quick as possible. Lol

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    It should probably be noted (by me) that, for quite a while people whom had elected to hire an attorney to prepare trust docs vs using a template with edits (same as the Lawyers were doing anyway) were quick to point out how potentially foolish those who went other routes were.

My trust was prepared by me, from a widely used online template that was suggested by the dealer I bought my suppressor from. It was edited for my purposes and is still valid and serves it's purpose today. The recent example is this thread, professionally prepared (from a template) then not able to be worked on by the original person......

Cost for my documents, $0 dollars.

Yeah, I for one am of the belief that the 400 dollars I spent on my nfa trust was a complete waste of money.

all that money, and in return for it, I get the longest wait times and more complexity. Not to mention, if it after needs amending, id be willing to be the attorney would probably charge for it...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My trust was prepared by me, from a widely used online template that was suggested by the dealer I bought my suppressor from. It was edited for my purposes and is still valid and serves it's purpose today. The recent example is this thread, professionally prepared (from a template) then not able to be worked on by the original person......

Cost for my documents, $0 dollars.
    Just to be clear, I have zero regrets about going the expensive route and having a little more peace of mind. I just don't feel like paying a bunch of money to do a routine amendment to it.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    Thanks for the info gentlemen.

I just received a correction letter on my most recent suppressor. Apparently the last name of one of my trustees and my two beneficiary's was spelled wrong when the trust was drawn up. The name on the finger print cards and application did not match the name of the trustee in the trust. I was scrambling all day to try and reach Jeremy and finally just drew a line through the names, corrected them, initialed and dated it and was going to send it back. Now with the info from this thread there will be a amendment letter accompanying the correction.

It only took 6 years and 9 stamps for the ATF to catch the mistake :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom