• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    1887 lever action 12 gauge Chinese knock off, 10 gauge side by side. Both will be on the short list to sell once things clear. At some point I am going to clean out my closet.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    FNX .45 tactical. a high cap, hammer fired .45, what's not to love?A lot, apparently
    The safety dot fell out at 150 rounds. The safety clicks on with a high grip. The frame is made of silly putty and flexes so much that mags dont drop free without conscious effort, mags don't strip easily out of the magwell, the magazines are difficult to load to capacity and expensive, the mag release is awkward and takes too much effort to engage.

which is disheartening because FNP9 is glorious, a great little pistol.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    KelTec PMR-30

Wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn (Back to KT #1 - replaced barrel), Fiber Optic fell out of front sight (KT sent me parts #1), Extraction/Ejection problems (Back to KT #2, replaced barrel block, ejector and extractor), Entire front sight missing (KT sent me parts #2), Assembly pin broke in half (KT sent me parts #3). In the end, it would only shoot 45 or 50gr ammo reliably & accurately - and by the time I was fed up was at the height of the ammo shortage/hoarding and 22WMR was impossible to find, much less the Hornady FTX or Remingtom PowerShoks.

Then KelTec pulled the bullsh*t they did with the CMR-30....delay after delay after delay, then jacking the price up just because they might be banned, then supply being so thin, FFLs that did get em were selling em on GunRaper for over a grand.

Sold it and vowed my hands would never touch another piece of their polymer crap ever again.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    My first handgun... GSG 1911-22... every few rounds it was having issues...even after 1K rounds through it ...it sucked donkey Dics....stuck it in the back of the safe for over a year before deciding to figure out what was causing the problems....During that 1K break-end run.... GSG sent me enough replacement parts to almost build another handgun...Today IM happy to say that the GSG runs great after using after market parts..

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    My first handgun... GSG 1911-22... every few rounds it was having issues...even after 1K rounds through it ...it sucked donkey Dics....stuck it in the back of the safe for over a year before deciding to figure out what was causing the problems....During that 1K break-end run.... GSG sent me enough replacement parts to almost build another handgun...Today IM happy to say that the GSG runs great after using after market parts..

I had problems with my GSG 1911-22 at first. Sent it back to GSG twice before they finally got it right. Runs great now.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

I must have lucked and gotten one after they got the formula right.

Mine ran great from the day I got it till the day I sold it.

madmax7774

Nov 17, 2016
    Clarksburg
    Another Keltec story...

For me is it was the Keltec KSG shotgun. I literally drooled over that thing for a year while saving up for it. I got it and was over the moon excited, right up until I shot that damned thing. In my entire life, I have never shot another firearm that kicks so hard as the KSG. It is beyond compare how much that damned thing kicks. I literally only got around 30 rounds through it until I had to sell it. I just couldn't handle the pain of shooting it. It seems like it shouldn't be worse than any other 12 ga, but for some reason it is. I can't explain it. It doesn't make sense to me or anyone else I tell about it. It just didn't work for me. was the biggest firearm related disappointment of my life. :sad20:

realjoecool

MDS Supporter
    Aug 6, 2012
    Too many to list

Been a while since I posted, but this thread definitely got me thinking...

Remington 742 - jammomatic
    SW 547 9 mm revolver that doesn’t take moon clips. Thought of it as survival gun, 9mm, easy to maintain, just sits in the safe waiting for right moment in the apocalypse when all my semiauto glocks and SWs fail from wear and tear.
    Spent money, learned what I like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom