• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    My wife and I spent some time at the range today shooting a couple of family heirlooms. Her father's Ruger Mark II 22lr and my father's Ruger police six 357. We fired 38 special reloads in the 357 since full loads are regular hand punishers. She used to shoot with her dad in their back yard. I remember my dad always took his "piece" on road trips and kept it under his seat...as that was waaaayyy back in the day before concealed carry permits. It was a good way to spend some quality time together, burn powder, sharpen skills, and remember our fathers just ahead of father's day.

Attachments

• Fathers day.jpg
      Fathers day.jpg
      36.1 KB · Views: 341

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    My wife and I spent some time at the range today shooting a couple of family heirlooms. Her father's Ruger Mark II 22lr and my father's Ruger police six 357. We fired 38 special reloads in the 357 since full loads are regular hand punishers. She used to shoot with her dad in their back yard. I remember my dad always took his "piece" on road trips and kept it under his seat...as that was waaaayyy back in the day before concealed carry permits. It was a good way to spend some quality time together, burn powder, sharpen skills, and remember our fathers just ahead of father's day.

I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate Father’s Day. day :party29:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I gave my dad a new upper last Sunday as an early father's day present. He was rolling with a PSA upper he bought before the ban, and it was just way too heavy. YHM Diamond quad rail, mid-weight barrel, etc. I built him a lightweight upper with pencil barrel, ALG Defense MLOK rail, VG6 Epsilon, etc. Probably shaved like a pound off the rifle's weight, and it shoots way better to boot. His optic was already pretty much zeroed after switching uppers, too, which was a nice surprise.

Will probably take his old upper off him eventually and rebuild that into something more interesting... we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom