• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duke308

Keeper of the List
    Oct 7, 2008
    Mid Atlantic Region
    26 years and always got two dump passes with my property tax bill.Anybody know what is up?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    All but one of the county commissioners voted to eliminate the free coupons.

Saying it was "costing the county" too much money (estimated $200K per year).

Now a lot of folks are just going to dump their trash illegally on the roadsides, meaning the county will have to pay MORE money to send out crews to clean up the mess, and we'll have to deal with the visual blight in the meantime.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    The ones from last year are good till, I believe, september. They extended the expiration date.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    Yep, sucks. I have a handful of rentals and it was nice getting the passes. They were only worth about $19/ea though.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    The ones from last year are good till, I believe, september. They extended the expiration date.

Did you see this in writing somewhere? I just realized last night that the coupons expired last week, thought I had till end of july.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    My trash service just upped mine $6 a quarter because the landfill raised their rates to them. That translates to a $43 a year hidden tax (if you use the $19 value of the coupons)

How fast will that $200K loss be made up now?

Sirex