• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    "Priority Processing" duh ;D I wonder how priority works in regards of the forms. Does that mean a good portion of their staff will be working on Form 3/4s while Form 1s take a back seat regardless of paper/efile?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yep. I bet.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    So I got a call from 2a today. My sparrow is approved. Apparently they are working on eforms. Unfortunately I can't pick it up until Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    the form as sent mid November. Don't have the paperwork in front of me for an exact date.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thats good that they are trying to reduce the backlog for form 4s. hopefully form 1s dont get too pushed aside.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Bumping an old thread. The Efile system has been down for 3 straight days. I know there is a scheduled outage every Wednesday.

Anyone have any experience with these outages and when they might be back up? I got a form 1 I want to submit!

https://www.atfonline.gov/EformsOutage/

I've got an e-filed Form 1 that's been sitting at ATF since the middle of April. Just for fun I try to visit the e-file site to check on it. Yeah, it's been down for longer than usual, and who knows when it'll wake back up. I've swapped (more!) email with contact there, who is trying to find out why we're heading into our third month of getting this e-Form-1 processed, and she says they're "waiting on guidance from upper management on these." It's the ATF. I should know better than to expect smooth sailing.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I've got an e-filed Form 1 that's been sitting at ATF since the middle of April. Just for fun I try to visit the e-file site to check on it. Yeah, it's been down for longer than usual, and who knows when it'll wake back up. I've swapped (more!) email with contact there, who is trying to find out why we're heading into our third month of getting this e-Form-1 processed, and she says they're "waiting on guidance from upper management on these." It's the ATF. I should know better than to expect smooth sailing.

I wonder what "waiting on guidance" means. Safe to assume they are not processing any form 1's then?

Maybe they are swamped at an increase of Form 1's? I'm doing it just to get it over with so I don't have to mess with arm braces if ATF decides to suddenly change it's tune. Perhaps others are too. I could be totally incorrect here.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I wonder what "waiting on guidance" means. Safe to assume they are not processing any form 1's then?

I can't get a straight answer. They've been telling me that ATF "upper management" needs to "provide guidance" for a month now, ever since I started checking into why something that most people report taking roughly a month was taking a lot longer. I have to retreat into my more familiar "try to forget you even sent them the $200 and some day something will happen" stance, as developed when waiting on Form 4 processing. Thought e-filed 1 would be less painful. Learned my lesson!

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I can't get a straight answer. They've been telling me that ATF "upper management" needs to "provide guidance" for a month now, ever since I started checking into why something that most people report taking roughly a month was taking a lot longer. I have to retreat into my more familiar "try to forget you even sent them the $200 and some day something will happen" stance, as developed when waiting on Form 4 processing. Thought e-filed 1 would be less painful. Learned my lesson!

heh. I got lucky with my form 4. Adopted the same mentality of "one day"...and 87 days later got a call that my stamp was in lol. This was last year and I was one of the lucky ones.

Hoping I can get a Form 1 in within a reasonable timeframe.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

You ever stop and consider that eForm 1's were for the people that knew what they were doing and didn't need SilencerShop to hold their hand and take 30 bucks, or whatever they are charging, for the privilege of submitting a eForm 1? On top of that, is it entirely possible that SilencerShop dumped a few thousand on the ATF in a single day and most people filled them out like a Form 4?

Then there is the other problem on it. If SilencerShop files a eForm 1 on your behalf, who is actually the manufacturer of the NFA item? Is it the entity on the paperwork or the company that acts like a middle man? The ATF doesn't know the answer to that question.

Instead of blaming the ATF for problems with your application, ask yourself what are the possibilities that caused this delay to occur.

Next time don't play with the SilencerShop eForm 1 submission, just go and do it on your own on the ATF website.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You ever stop and consider that eForm 1's were for the people that knew what they were doing and didn't need SilencerShop to hold their hand and take 30 bucks, or whatever they are charging, for the privilege of submitting a eForm 1? On top of that, is it entirely possible that SilencerShop dumped a few thousand on the ATF in a single day and most people filled them out like a Form 4?

Then there is the other problem on it. If SilencerShop files a eForm 1 on your behalf, who is actually the manufacturer of the NFA item? Is it the entity on the paperwork or the company that acts like a middle man? The ATF doesn't know the answer to that question.

Instead of blaming the ATF for problems with your application, ask yourself what are the possibilities that caused this delay to occur.

Next time don't play with the SilencerShop eForm 1 submission, just go and do it on your own on the ATF website.

The only reason to have SS do it is expediency if they already have your prints. Otherwise you are providing the form info, and you are declaring yourself the manufacturer and e-signing the form personally.

I have zero problems with self serve. That particular week I had $30 more than I had time to deal with the prints. It isn’t any more complicated than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom