• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    I stopped in the other day to have a look. The staff were very approachable and courteous, the shop and range looked very nice. I have never stopped in under previous ownership so I personally can’t compare but I plan on getting a membership here now.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I went there last Sunday. There were some really nice people there. I wasn’t there long and only shot 50rds of 9mm and 30rds of 300BLK subsonic. The fellas next to me were impressed with how quiet it was so I had them over to shoot a few. All around great time. I will be back there.

For $10/half hour I wouldn’t be there long either. I need to check out the details on a membership. Seems to be the way to go given what a few people here are saying and doing.

Hddeuce03

Mar 29, 2018
    I went here this past Saturday. I must say, it's very nice! Very laid back...I will definitely be going there more often.

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    Does anyone know how Cindys HotShots charge instructors who bring students to shoot a course of fire? For example, do they charge by the hour for 2 people or by the person?

I ask because On Target last year began charging by the person regardless of time spent. A few days ago I brought 6 students for an HQL completion and paid $105 ($15 each, plus for me, plus tax, of course). I was on the range for a total of under 90 minutes.

When I squawked, the manager said "you're charging for your classes, so we should get more." This is, of course, notwithstanding students being exposed to the retail showroom and perhaps buying a gun from them, or the fact that students are very likely to return to OT to shoot on their own.

I've been taking students there for 20 years. I wasn't aware that OT is now my business partner. Or perhaps it's just income redistribution?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Does anyone know how Cindys HotShots charge instructors who bring students to shoot a course of fire? For example, do they charge by the hour for 2 people or by the person?

I ask because On Target last year began charging by the person regardless of time spent. A few days ago I brought 6 students for an HQL completion and paid $105 ($15 each, plus for me, plus tax, of course). I was on the range for a total of under 90 minutes.

When I squawked, the manager said "you're charging for your classes, so we should get more." This is, of course, notwithstanding students being exposed to the retail showroom and perhaps buying a gun from them, or the fact that students are very likely to return to OT to shoot on their own.

I've been taking students there for 20 years. I wasn't aware that OT is now my business partner. Or perhaps it's just income redistribution?

Why don’t you call them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    How dare you come on here and make sense!

I hate bashing any MD based FFL, because I think they are all a valuable part of preserving our 2A here, but OT just makes it so hard to love.

I’ve purchased a pistol from them before and they are always courteous to me because I’m very familiar with firearms and always tread lightly in FFL’s, but I’ve seen some newbies get straight up chewed out there for a simple misunderstanding.

It would behoove them greatly to exercise a bit more customer care.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Haven’t been back to OT since Cindy’s opened , got a membership there now. Staff is very approachable, call or email them. They have always gotten back to me within a day . Bought a pistol from them . Never really had an issue at OT butttt was a regular there and have seen some condescending behavior, In general good people but Cindy’s is closer for me .

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I hate bashing any MD based FFL, because I think they are all a valuable part of preserving our 2A here, but OT just makes it so hard to love.

I’ve purchased a pistol from them before and they are always courteous to me because I’m very familiar with firearms and always tread lightly in FFL’s, but I’ve seen some newbies get straight up chewed out there for a simple misunderstanding.

It would behoove them greatly to exercise a bit more customer care.

I don't mind telling the truth about a business that sucks at what it does.
    And OT qualifies in several areas for which I've been on the receiving end.
    I believe their attitudes erode 2A rather than preserving it.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I don't mind telling the truth about a business that sucks at what it does.
    And OT qualifies in several areas for which I've been on the receiving end.
    I believe their attitudes erode 2A rather than preserving it.

The almighty dollar should go to a place that is welcoming of all those who are practicing safe shooting. It's one thing to get a little upset if there are safety issues, but it's a completely different thing to just be rude to paying customers because they aren't experts on firearms already.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    This is exactly what we've done, took our money to other ranges and stores.
    Super happy to hear about Cindys Hot Shots, looking forward to dropping in!

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    I've been to Cindy's a couple of times now. What a difference in attitude! It is smaller but in better shape, and the guys at the counter are just plain pleasant. Cost is more reasonable, too, and no ridiculous rules that seem to change every week (the latest is no cell phones on the range). Cindy's is my new go-to, even though it's about 10 minutes farther away.

sig guy

Feb 4, 2013
    Edgemere MD
    Ive been in on 2 occasions since they bought out select fire and it looks like a totally different shop with extremely friendly staff and a way better selection,highly recommend!!

sig guy

Feb 4, 2013
    Edgemere MD
    I've been to Cindy's a couple of times now. What a difference in attitude! It is smaller but in better shape, and the guys at the counter are just plain pleasant. Cost is more reasonable, too, and no ridiculous rules that seem to change every week (the latest is no cell phones on the range). Cindy's is my new go-to, even though it's about 10 minutes farther away.

I take it you've been there when it was select fire lol,the older gentlemen that used to run the register was crabby all of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom