• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    Yeah, John O'Connor is pro 2A for sure. I met him before he was a commissioner through a mutual deputy friend. Good guy.

Mike Hewitt is the one I had a short but very negative interaction with regarding 2A. I had always taken my vehicles to his auto repair shop back

According to Facebook post from O'Connor, Hewitt is who proposed the bill

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    I contacted some marina friends who are VERY concerned, and also just emailed a few peeps from MIR racetrack. We might as well join forces.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Bar owners and local beverage association need to get involved also. Mention this to your local bar owner if they have bands playing.

goosechunks

Apr 26, 2017
    Calvert County
    I posted on the sanner lake members forum. but i just read under thread post number 4 proposed on page 7 looks like trap skeet target shooting not included if i read it correctly

If I read it correctly, I think trap shooting, skeet shooting and target shooting are not included on the list of exemptions. Which means they are actually included in the 65 dB limit :tdown:

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    If I read it correctly, I think trap shooting, skeet shooting and target shooting are not included on the list of exemptions. Which means they are actually included in the 65 dB limit :tdown:

Yup..

(2) The provisions of this regulation do not apply to the following

Sporting events ( except trap shooting, skeet shooting, or other target shooting);

"sporting clubs" are also exempt, but then read the fine print

Except in Allegany, Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Calvert, Charles, Garrett, Howard, Montgomery, St. Mary's, and Washington Counties, trap shooting, skeet shooting, or other target shooting between the hours of 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. on any range or other property of a shooting sports club that is chartered and in operation as of January 1, 2001

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    Okay ladies and gents, I am told if they get enough support against this it will not go to Public Hearing and it will die. So please send an email to all the county commissioners. Their group e-mail address is: csmc@stmarysmd.com

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Okay ladies and gents, I am told if they get enough support against this it will not go to Public Hearing and it will die. So please send an email to all the county commissioners. Their group e-mail address is: csmc@stmarysmd.com

I forwarded the info to a bunch of friends of mine that race at Budds Creek, they are all on board.

What is the hearing date? I know on your original post itnsaid Dec 3rd. But on O'Connor's Facebook page there is a Nov 19th date.

I'm at work now and on my phone so I may have missed something due to the small screen.

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    So if my kid has a temper tantrum outside I owe someone $10k?
    There goes our lame ground based fireworks celebration on independence day. Hell I think my new heatpump falls outside the exception.

I don't understand the purpose of this or why anyone would vote for it

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    See attached pic. I think we are safe, for now anyway. Really appreciate all the support!

Attachments

• IMG_6229.jpg
      IMG_6229.jpg
      71.5 KB · Views: 337

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom