• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Muhkesh

Feb 26, 2020
    Hello shooters. I'm new to your group and figured if there was a answer to be found then it would be here. I recently recieved my Md HQL and also purchased new pistol that I would like to be able to carry. I've heard tons of different opinions on how its impossible to in the state of Md for a normal law abiding citizen to obtain a general carry permit. I'm not a business owner or law enforcement officer of any kind but just a normal veteran citizen looking to carry. I'm willing to take and pass any certifications I may need but was wondering if it's even possible. Thank you for any info you may have.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Hello shooters. I'm new to your group and figured if there was a answer to be found then it would be here. I recently recieved my Md HQL and also purchased new pistol that I would like to be able to carry. I've heard tons of different opinions on how its impossible to in the state of Md for a normal law abiding citizen to obtain a general carry permit. I'm not a business owner or law enforcement officer of any kind but just a normal veteran citizen looking to carry. I'm willing to take and pass any certifications I may need but was wondering if it's even possible. Thank you for any info you may have.

Step one: move out of Maryland. Step two: apply for a CCW.

Or, open a business and have access to cash from it. Or get ordained, open a church and have access to cash.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Or you must have credible threats against your life and police reports to back that claim up .

But if you are a law abiding citizen that won't get you a cup of coffee from anyone in Annapolis .

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Welcome to mds.

As “no one special” you pretty much don’t have a chance at a Maryland carry permit. The slim to none range.

You seem to be aware already, as you mention what you are NOT in your op. And you nailed it.

It’s a touchy subject, how MD steps on people’s rights. you may get answers that sound impolite, but it’s frustration with the system, not so much a swipe at you.

Good luck if you try. If you are “impeccably qualified”, and have some time and a good bit of money, you may want to fight. Get a lawyer and start the fight.

Last edited:

Muhkesh

Feb 26, 2020
    Yeah this is the general consensus I've heard every where. In a state where you need the most protection and its impossible to protect yourself. I'll be in Del in a few more years. Hopefully they stay with the ability to carry. Thank you guys.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It’s not that hard to start of a small sole proprietorship (doesn’t have to be an LLC or Inc) and to conduct a little modest business on the side. As long as the income from it (and it does NOT have to be your main source of income, or involve large amounts of cash) can be shown flowing in a documented way to your return, you’re a qualified (permit-wise) business owner in MD and rate an unrestricted permit. It’s still an expensive, time-sucking nuisance to get the paperwork done, but it’s not a show stopper.

Sell t-shirts, mow lawns, help people with their household security cameras, walk dogs, sell stuff on eBay, you name it. It can be modest, just can’t be fake.

Join MSI, learn!

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Sadly you will be unable to get a CCW under your current circumstances. There is a bill going through to expand CCW to physicians and medical personnel in general, but that still won't help most of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom