• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just keep it out of snow banks(especially still running) and you should be fine...

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    Isn't Carroll Co a right to farm county? Say they are farm vehicles and gtfo, lol. IANAL

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Here is how you handle it... hire Welder to come over for an hour and attach every spare piece of junk you can find to the cars... declare them art projects... when the County shows up, emphatically state that they are protected under the first amendment and hand them the business card for an ACLU lawyer. End of problem. Plus it will piss your neighbor off even more... so bonus.

Attachments

• 20190711_135139.jpg
      20190711_135139.jpg
      145.1 KB · Views: 501

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Zoning laws are in place to ensure someone doesn't purchase property in a residential neighborhood and (for instance) start running a used car lot. Last time I checked my zoning, the rule was no more than 2 untagged vehicles in a residential lot. There is no limit to how many registered cars are allowed. Might be an exception if they are not visible from the curb.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Here is how you handle it... hire Welder to come over for an hour and attach every spare piece of junk you can find to the cars... declare them art projects... when the County shows up, emphatically state that they are protected under the first amendment and hand them the business card for an ACLU lawyer. End of problem. Plus it will piss your neighbor off even more... so bonus.

I wonder if that has a MDS sticker on it ...:innocent0

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Had the same issue many years ago. Normally, I kept my '69 Dodge Charger R/T SE in the garage but I moved it outside one day so that I could use my garage to work on another vehicle. It wasn't even out one full day before I received a visit from the Sykesville police. I will not go into detail about the BS they attempted to put upon me. Bottom line was put a cover on it and there is no problem. It was back inside my garage before dinner time since I had finished the work on the other vehicle. Some people need to just mind their own business!

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Doctor M, MY fiance just took me for a sightseeing tour of DC on Sunday. Look at what we saw out front of the Modern Art museum. The tour guide said it was a million dollar work of art sitting there.

Attachments

• car art2.jpg
      car art2.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 422

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have had 2 different situations with expired tag vehicles. One was in an apartment complex where the vehicle was ticketed. In court, it was thrown out. Can't remember exactly why. The other was a car that I had parked in a parking spot in a cul-de-sac (not running in a snow storm) that had expired tags. This one got me a notice that if I didn't have it done or tagged within 30 days it would be towed. I was actually kind of worried when I bought a used SUV last year. The previous owner dropped it off in front of my house on a Sunday and I got the new tags the next day. I was hoping that the same person who turned me in the last time wouldn't turn me in again in the less than 24 hours that it sat un-tagged in front of my house.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Zoning laws are in place to ensure someone doesn't purchase property in a residential neighborhood and (for instance) start running a used car lot. Last time I checked my zoning, the rule was no more than 2 untagged vehicles in a residential lot. There is no limit to how many registered cars are allowed. Might be an exception if they are not visible from the curb.

Sure, I can see this. But, in my case, I cannot afford to drive $10000, $15000, $25000, $45000 cars. Instead, I have lived my whole life driving hand me down or $1- $200 cars almost no one else wants. Instead of sinking BIG money into car payments, I have driven cars such as ones my parents passed on to me when they purchased a newer unit such as happened when they got a Caprice Classic in 1983. Then, I got our old 1972 Datsun 510,,,,,,,,,, which I still would have it had the county not played this same BS game back in the mid 90's. To this day I am thoroughly pissed because nowadays a Datsun 510 can fetch more for a basket case with decent parts than they cost new in the 60's-73. I stupidly let my backbone cave in and called the junk yard to come get the poor body of my beloved first car.

After that, I inherited my dad's old 1983 Honda Wagon which I drove as long as it was reliable. Then, around 1989 I got a 1977 Ford F100 and still have it today. That bad boy cost me $2500. A few years later I got to needing a heavier duty truck, so I bought a 1988 F250 4x4 with 135K on it, It now tops 336K. From 1989 till 2015 I drove all 3 of these cars in a rotation of 2 of the 3 running while I worked and made money to fix any issues on the non used one and anything the others needed. Plus added my Fox Body as I will explain below.

As time and dreams permitted, I also always wanted a Muscle car such as a 1969 Z28, or a 60's Firebird, Mustang etc. So, I went out and bought my 1991, Fox Body Mustang around 2001 or so. Needless to say, I wanted to drive this car as much as possible, and yet had to pick at least one of my other 3 vehicles to run since I only had one ME and no way was going to insure and drive 4 vehicles all at one time. So, I sat my 77 and my 83 and drove my 88 F250 and Stang.

So, my lifetime goal was to drive GOOD cars cheaply, and to have them keep me on the road without having to go into financial peril and to occasionally buy a gem. I have mostly been able to do so from 1983 till 2020 despite the occasional hassles like this present situation.

HAHA, just remembered the Mazda GLC I got for a couple hundred back in the 90's and the Subaru Legacy wagon I got for under $400 back in the early 2000's ( Thanks Crazy Rays for the $300 at trade in)

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    In case anyone wonders. I also had another dream which was to build myself a sweet garage with a lift and all the tools I need to restore cars, but so far my life has not yielded enough spare cash to build one on that property. Sadly, I also had some majorly shiddy happenings back in 2012-2015 as the one neighnor a few doors down decided my belongings should fund his and his son's drug habits. They both robbed my place and ruined my peace of mind and changed my life there forever. Needless to say, I wrestle with pouring any more cash than I absolutely have to in that particular residence. Have to keep my feelers out for a better spot with more seclusion and some good existing out buildings.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have had 2 different situations with expired tag vehicles. One was in an apartment complex where the vehicle was ticketed. In court, it was thrown out. Can't remember exactly why. The other was a car that I had parked in a parking spot in a cul-de-sac (not running in a snow storm) that had expired tags. This one got me a notice that if I didn't have it done or tagged within 30 days it would be towed. I was actually kind of worried when I bought a used SUV last year. The previous owner dropped it off in front of my house on a Sunday and I got the new tags the next day. I was hoping that the same person who turned me in the last time wouldn't turn me in again in the less than 24 hours that it sat un-tagged in front of my house.

Been there, done that and sorry it happened to you too, KJackson.

Once years ago I bought a used van off a guy for $400. Drove it to an inspection station in Gamber. They told me the high price it would take to pass inspection. My buddy drove it to my dad's place in Rodger's Forge and we parked it parallel parking style. Soon after, like the next day, I got an orange sticker from Balto County police. They said I had 48 hrs to get tags or it would be impounded. I knew a gal in Westminster behind the library. She said I could haul it up there and part it out. My buddy and I stripped her down and hauled off the good parts that would get my my $400 back. Called Petry's and had them get the carcass.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    NOW, if someone really wants a laugh, I also have intentions of setting up a wood shop, saw mill, and firewood setup so I can heat my place, build cool furniture etc, I imagine that if my new Snowflake best friend got bent about cars and " excessive junk" he really would like my Bobcat, My Boom Lift, my Gooseneck trailer and God forbid, if I bring home a saw mill.

Attachments

• Prentice Boom.jpg
      Prentice Boom.jpg
      121.9 KB · Views: 386

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Okie dokie fellas, I finally got around to calling the Carroll County Zoning guy. He said the law states 1 untagged vehicle allowed, and if there are more, they have to be in a building. I told him I was told differently in the past, as in one could put a tarp over them and no one would see they are untagged.

Also asked if I could be informed who the reporting party was. The zoning man said, "yes, his name is ... " He drives past there daily to and from work.

As I googled his name, I am fairly confident the PRIZE winning responder here in the thread goes to, "
    Does anyone have a house for sale in the neighborhood? Apparently you have a neighbor that has too much time on their hands, and a nose that likes to sniff around. fred55
    "

The complainant's name is also the name of a real estate office in Westminster.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Okie dokie fellas, I finally got around to calling the Carroll County Zoning guy. He said the law states 1 untagged vehicle allowed, and if there are more, they have to be in a building. I told him I was told differently in the past, as in one could put a tarp over them and no one would see they are untagged.

Also asked if I could be informed who the reporting party was. The zoning man said, "yes, his name is ... " He drives past there daily to and from work.

As I googled his name, I am fairly confident the PRIZE winning responder here in the thread goes to, " "

The complainant's name is also the name of a real estate office in Westminster.

Can you blame the dude though he’s trying to get top dollar out of his investment and bilbos junkyard is nextdoor? I mean he may have lived with it but if it started hurting him financially i could see the logic.

We had neighbors do the same thing when they moved to another neighbors house.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Can you blame the dude though he’s trying to get top dollar out of his investment and bilbos junkyard is nextdoor? I mean he may have lived with it but if it started hurting him financially i could see the logic.

We had neighbors do the same thing when they moved to another neighbors house.

Tell ya what, Stanton,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the complainer. ALL he has to do is pay me 150K for all my cars and trucks, so I can either a build new garage and fancy privacy fence to hermetically store Fancy new ones in, and pay all my car insurances and title/registration fees and I will take him up on the offer.

In this case, it is a real estate mogul trying to line his pockets at the expense of the pursuit of happiness me and my neighbors have the right to on our limited incomes.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Tell ya what, Stanton,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the complainer. ALL he has to do is pay me 150K for all my cars and trucks, so I can either a build new garage and fancy privacy fence to hermetically store Fancy new ones in, and pay all my car insurances and title/registration fees and I will take him up on the offer.

In this case, it is a real estate mogul trying to line his pockets at the expense of the pursuit of happiness me and my neighbors have the right to on our limited incomes.

Lol you are probably costing him 150K so i guess you two can call it even.

I don’t care what you do bud but i can say i do sympathize with the dude, if your costing him money.

I do hope you get the time to get all your projects done and your family health gets better.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Wait till they take the environmental approach , our business is being hit up by Md. Dept. of Enviro. with permits and forty pages of paperwork . I was told welding shops are the worse for the environment from the guy I talked to in office . I have been cleaning up over a year or so when I get time .
    I don't want any issues or these things held over my head , I really think if the government wanted my property they could come and take it and pay me penny's on the dollar .

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Wait till they take the environmental approach , our business is being hit up by Md. Dept. of Enviro. with permits and forty pages of paperwork . I was told welding shops are the worse for the environment from the guy I talked to in office . I have been cleaning up over a year or so when I get time .
    I don't want any issues or these things held over my head , I really think if the government wanted my property they could come and take it and pay me penny's on the dollar .

Yeah, Welder. Meanwhile we have rampant murderers on the loose, drugs, crime and all manner of BS. Sorry you have the environment people to deal with. I completely understand.

Thanks Stanton. No Worries. Let's just say, I guess my other neighbors who live off the land and break their backs in work like Dump Truck work, car mechanics, stone masons, farmers, saw mills, landscapers etc with all their accoutrements needed for their incomes, such as piles of rocks, greenhouses, livestock, farm and dump trucks, tractors, crops, snowplows, bobcats etc, are all also responsible for dragging down the property values of the rich who drive their Mercedes and Teslas to and from a cushy office place of employment and come home to their trophy wives. We should all bow to the elite I guess. Come to think of it. Hunting and the loud gunshooting probably will be frowned upon by Mr Snowflake neighbor of mine.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    OP ,

Try to see if there are any loop holes such as opening up a petting zoo , one guy in AA County put in a feeding pen for some friendly animals fenced in . I know it may be a long shot , I will say I do not know what your zoning is it may not allow it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom