• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks, Welder. Sadly, one of my other questions to the Zoning man got an answer I saw coming. I asked if anyone else/other neighbors got reported by the same guy. He said yes, he is addressing a few others in my small little handful of neighbors' cases as well.

As my stepdad used to say, " an ill wind that blows no good..." Usually in my case, my challenges yield a benefit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but occasionally I have gotten the short straw too. I just look on the bright side and soldier on. Hopefully I benefit from the stress of spending money and time I currently don't have on something I have to hastily come up with in order to stop someone from getting butthurt.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Find out if there are any open house weekends coming up for that property. Then, on those days only, put out some big signs saying... well, be creative.

Makes sure the signs are taken down so when Mr. Big Daddy Real Estate complains to the county and they send someone out (again) they won't be there.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Find out if there are any open house weekends coming up for that property. Then, on those days only, put out some big signs saying... well, be creative.

Makes sure the signs are taken down so when Mr. Big Daddy Real Estate complains to the county and they send someone out (again) they won't be there.

This was a good idea in 1994

2020......not so much

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    OP ,

Try to see if there are any loop holes such as opening up a petting zoo , one guy in AA County put in a feeding pen for some friendly animals fenced in . I know it may be a long shot , I will say I do not know what your zoning is it may not allow it .

Welder, here is a sample of one of our property's more trying features. SWAMP mud in our hood. I cannot say I purchased my home in the best spot, but it once was a nice place to come home to before I had to fight the man, crime, snowflakes, and any other foe that is tougher than some of my less stressful fights like mother nature.

Me stuck almost against my one shed a few years ago.

PS, this is my 337K + mile truck that I will take to my grave. Back in Obama's day, it would have been deemed as cash for clunker. Screw that crap. I work hard and drive what I can afford. Sadly I am not rich. In fact I was hoping to put some of my most recently earned money into fixing a broken tooth, but now that cash will go into shed additions.

Attachments

• IMG_20131011_121420_zps7d7ec16c.jpg
      IMG_20131011_121420_zps7d7ec16c.jpg
      127 KB · Views: 364

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I am needing to fix the roof on this shed and shore up some of the walls. BUT I think my remedy to the complaint will see me adding a down turned roof extension to the shed and make it accessible from the area my truck is sitting in. This should at least double the size of the shed and also protect my vehicles from the elements and nosey nellies.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Trying to get a few pics to paint a picture of just how NON cookie cutter housing development type area I do live in.

Ahh my Fox Body, buried in the snow in my old house front yard next door to my present house.

Attachments

• IMG_20140217_124017_zps1ad452a5.jpg
      IMG_20140217_124017_zps1ad452a5.jpg
      89.4 KB · Views: 351

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Surprised they told you the name, guess it is different up here in Carroll.
    Not surprised it is someone trying to get as much out of their house as possible. I can understand that.
    BUT what he should have done is be nice enough to talk to each neighbor first and if simply buying a tarp for his neighbor would have helped then so be it. Hell Ida bought you a proper car cover if that would have gotten your cooperation and not caused undue hardship.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not surprised it is someone trying to get as much out of their house as possible. I can understand that.
    BUT what he should have done is be nice enough to talk to each neighbor first and if simply buying a tarp for his neighbor would have helped then so be it. Hell Ida bought you a proper car cover if that would have gotten your cooperation and not caused undue hardship.

Valid on every single point

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

CWW, your message is pretty accurate, but it likely misses one factor. Where our houses are, there are like 6- 1890's houses and one 1990's modular built house in a little row for less than a quarter mile stretch. No one who lives in our group would be the complainer. The complaining party likely lives down past us either off a side road in a million dollar mansion he built, or even farther away somewhere and just passes through long enough to look his nose down upon us regular folk.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Having had both my houses broken into in 2012-2015 ish, I have been meaning to install a cam surveillance setup. Since I now will likely be having a snooper to check to see if my cars have tags under my car covers until my shed is redone, I ought to at least set up my deer cams to catch anyone trespassing to try to stick it to me.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Can you blame the dude though he’s trying to get top dollar out of his investment and bilbos junkyard is nextdoor? I mean he may have lived with it but if it started hurting him financially i could see the logic.

We had neighbors do the same thing when they moved to another neighbors house.

Yep, sounds like Montgomery County. Have some relocators from MoCo and HoCo in Carroll County. They are on a neighborhood chat board that I am on. They "love" the country, but the smoke from people heating with firewood bugs them, burning brush bugs them, and smelling manure bugs them. I know for a fact one of these people moved from a condo in Ellicott City right behind the courthouse to the country part of Carroll County. She "loves" the country, except for her long list of dislikes about it. Only thing she probably loves is the view and the relative lack of traffic.

Now, a far as the complainer in this thread goes, he can enforce the law as it is written. Thing is, there is this issue with the common good versus individual rights that we have right here. How limited should a person be as far as the use of his property is concerned? Granted, the OP should know whether these ordinances were in place already. I've dealt with this before for clients and it burns me up. I also realize that nobody wants to look out their front window and see a camode across the way in the middle of the neighbor's yard.

I refused to buy a place with an HOA and would not look at places with ridiculous restrictive covenants.

The country gets screwed up when the locusts move out to the country, want to change it to the city, and then leave for another countryside.

I need 16 years. Just 16 years here.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yeah, Welder. Meanwhile we have rampant murderers on the loose, drugs, crime and all manner of BS. Sorry you have the environment people to deal with. I completely understand.

Thanks Stanton. No Worries. Let's just say, I guess my other neighbors who live off the land and break their backs in work like Dump Truck work, car mechanics, stone masons, farmers, saw mills, landscapers etc with all their accoutrements needed for their incomes, such as piles of rocks, greenhouses, livestock, farm and dump trucks, tractors, crops, snowplows, bobcats etc, are all also responsible for dragging down the property values of the rich who drive their Mercedes and Teslas to and from a cushy office place of employment and come home to their trophy wives. We should all bow to the elite I guess. Come to think of it. Hunting and the loud gunshooting probably will be frowned upon by Mr Snowflake neighbor of mine.

Man, based upon what I was reading, I was assuming you were in downtown Westminster or something. Just realized you are in Millers, MD. That area is still heavy country with tons of farms. That is some tough crap to be living out there, especially if you are on some sort of acreage, and having to deal with this BS.

Just frame up a makeshift carport with 2x4s and cover it with blue tarps. lol Wonder if there is anything against doing that, especially if the "carport" is not fixed in position. If the vehicles have to be in a "building", the question would be whether you need to get a permit for something like this. Might not need a permit in Carroll for a tool shed/car shed, but I have not looked into it.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So far, I have phase one of my plan in order. I have purchased several rolls of 6 foot tall chain link fence and gates and poles. In a day or so, I plan to acquire even more sections and poles, top rails etc. There is no permit needed, no permission and no inspections required for fencing. My property is roughly 100 ft wide by 500 ft deep. So, phase 1 is to install fence and gates across the front on both sides of my house and extend fencing 100+ feet down each side and then in behind my current sheds, and vehicles. Phase 2 is to put No Trespassing signs and a fabric covering on the perimeter of this fencing to keep prying eyes from looking inside and keeping unwanted bodies off my property. Phase 3 is to address final storage of vehicles. This is where my existing 3 sheds should be utilized to house the vehicles and thus bring me into compliance.

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Slow Moving Vehicle. Used for Ag equipment. Do you know what zoning class your property is?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Slow Moving Vehicle. Used for Ag equipment. Do you know what zoning class your property is?

Thank you weeman. I was thinking doco meant that, yup.
    My zoning class is Residential but when I pull up some info on Carroll County SDAT Real Property Zoning Maps I see Agriculture mentioned.

I may have a more specific R number on some documents but not right here at the moment.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Thanks bro GTO,,,,,,,,,,,, I have hunted a number of CArCo Urls for the laws, maps, facts and figures. Another factor has also come into play since I received the letter and responded to the Zoning man with my phone call to his office. He did tell me the name of the person who filed the complaint, which I mentioned earlier. He also said I have 30 days to comply. As can be seen in my posts above, I have begun to take steps to do so.

However, in the meantime, the Coronavirus and government imposed precautions presumedly would supersede any county laws which call for me to insure, tag, enclose in a car house, sell, or haul off my currently untagged cars and trucks. If I am not mistaken, to adhere to the government's virus' countermeasures means I am unable to go out in public with the freedom and frequency needed to make my property and vehicles adhere to the letter of the law. To proceed would be to risk exposure for myself and others in order to comply within my alotted time of 30 days While a pandemic is going on, and non essential travel, shopping, etc are all prohibited by the Governor, the choice therefore is already made from higher up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom