• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Did anybody try using the index/pointer trigger finger as an aiming device on the short shotty? Point shooting with the index finger as the 'fire control system' and the middle finger to stroke the trigger works for some folks.

I haven't messed around with the Shockwave yet.

vipor5

Jul 9, 2020
    Maryland, Cheltenham
    Good evening,

I work using this basic 590 shockwave variant a lot and love it over the traditional pistol grip model I used to use. This style allows the recoil to not be transferred into the wrist. Though I cant see many uses to use for a short barreled 12ga "Pistol" other than it works well for Breaching, transport defense. the ideal pistol grip for a Mossberg as it allows access to the safety and action-bar release lever that a pistol grip does not. if you have to have this style of weapon that would not be used for breaching I prefer the V3 TAC13 but that is only because it is an auto loader.

Good luck with the purchase and play safe.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Did anybody try using the index/pointer trigger finger as an aiming device on the short shotty? Point shooting with the index finger as the 'fire control system' and the middle finger to stroke the trigger works for some folks.

I haven't messed around with the Shockwave yet.

I do that for sporting clays, except with the hand on the fore end.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    I would like to see a 12 or 20 gauge side by side made like the shockwave...no stock from the factory, 14 inch barrels and a birdshead style grip like a shotgun stock cut at the wrist. Not practical but one wants what one wants.

Back in the 80's, FIE offered singles and doubles similar to this with classy names like SOB or Brute. Still had 18 or 19 inch barrels to make minimum oal and no one had figured out "not a shotgun" yet.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I would like to see a 12 or 20 gauge side by side made like the shockwave...no stock from the factory, 14 inch barrels and a birdshead style grip like a shotgun stock cut at the wrist. Not practical but one wants what one wants.

If you cut the grip that short, the OAL of a break-open gun with 14" barrels likely would not make it to 26", so that'd be an SBS & a tax stamp.

You can cut a break-open gun down to 18" barrels and 26" OAL, which is legal with no paperwork. Since the receiver on a break-open gun is really short compared to a pump, it's easy to keep the barrels at 18" (maybe plus a 1/4" for measuring errors). That leaves 8" for the receiver and grip, which is about the right length for a decent birdshead grip anyway. The Shockwave is 26" OAL as well so this would be comparable. Just need to find a donor gun you don't mind cutting up.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I have a hammer coach gun with 20" barrels. May try to find a second "barrel group" or extra set of barrels to then cut them down to sbs length. Legally of course.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

How about a Howdah?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom