• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Don't forget to renew your MG registrations!

I notice the MSP's new PDF form isn't even enabled for filling it out in your computer. I remember the good old days when you actually do this online in like... five minutes. Ugh.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I can still fill them out on my Mac using Preview, but it's laborious using copy/paste.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Don't forget to renew your MG registrations!

I notice the MSP's new PDF form isn't even enabled for filling it out in your computer. I remember the good old days when you actually do this online in like... five minutes. Ugh.

I just ran it through Acrobat Pro and could detect the fields. Try opening the attached in Internet Explorer or Acrobat Reader. You should be able to fill on a computer.

Attachments

• MG_Renewal_Forms.pdf
      625.4 KB · Views: 169

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I keep saved filled out PDFs of the 1st page. And then multiple saved and filled out sets of PDFs for Page 2. If your guns don't change all you do is print out those pages, fill in the year at the top of page 1 and sign. I also put my check number on the bottom of page 1 for easy reference of receipt and acceptance. I scan a complete submitted copy by year and keep that on file.

If your collection changes from the previous year, just add more page 2's or delete any sold entries.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Not that I plan on testing this, but I wonder if Fat Larry's order that all licenses and registrations will be extended until 30 days after the emergency holds for machine guns?

It is probably already covered with the EO on extensions. But as you note, don't test it. Just mail it in and you're good for another year.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    What? The form I got from them is dated 3/20. It's new.

Yes, the pages 1-2 form on the MSP web site are indeed dated 3/20. The continuation form is dated several years earlier, but I presume the contents and format haven't changed, so there's no need to update it.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I sent mine in several years ago with letter asking for clarification on whether it should be registered to me or the trust. I got a response end of April the following year.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Just got mine out the door, certified mail.... always worth a few extra bucks to keep my butt out of prison for 10 years.

I know a situation where someone failed to file for 7 years. He did end up filing after the fact, with assistance from some helpful connections. And did so without any prison time. However, YMMV. :)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I know a situation where someone failed to file for 7 years. He did end up filing after the fact, with assistance from some helpful connections. And did so without any prison time. However, YMMV. :)

I am certainly not suggesting to break the law, but clearly no one is watching up to now. I know several people who have missed, forgotten, did not know they had to....etc. and nothing ever happened.

Lets face it... you take your registration and stick it in the mail to USPS... 1/1000 probably gets lost on the way. If MSP took you to court and you were not stupid enough to admit you never did it, I don't see how they could legal prove you did not do it. I get a M.O. and pay cash for it. There is no requirement to keep a receipt. I think its basically a law that can't be enforced unless you are stupid enough to tell the police you broke it!

For $10 a year, you are crazy not to comply with this stupid rule. However I think MSP knows its a waste of everyone's time and just opens the letter, takes the $10 and tosses the paper in a file... never to see light again!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

I don't have that kind of luck... if I were 1 day late, I can guarantee that I would be picking out curtains with my cell mate Bubba. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom