• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Where are the open outdoor ranges? preferably public and in the area. Just looking for a range to hit while so much is shut down.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Thank you. Been looking for Hap Baker to open. I mean even if they did every other stall and enforced masks I think it would be manageable.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    [Kev308];5893172 said:
    I was interested in joining IWLA. Thru the link you sent I can become a member, but do I need to be sponsored join specific chapters?

Getting lane time is going to be a nightmare when things open back up. So will everyday shopping....I may just stay in quarantine a few more months. Lol

Yes, in most cases, you are required to be sponsored to join.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Yes, in most cases, you are required to be sponsored to join.

I sent the Mount Airy chapter a few emails a couple years ago because I don`t know anyone who is a member, but I never heard back from them. I couldn`t even tell you who I sent it to because it was a link on the website. It probably went to the North Pole to an acct no one ever looks at.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    [Kev308];5893236 said:
    I sent the Mount Airy chapter a few emails a couple years ago because I don`t know anyone who is a member, but I never heard back from them. I couldn`t even tell you who I sent it to because it was a link on the website. It probably went to the North Pole to an acct no one ever looks at.

I have a few friends who hold memberships there, none well enough to ask for sponsorship to a stranger.

I am a member at the Damascus chapter, oddly enough, it has a Mt Airy address. The real Mt Airy has a 300 yd rifle range(I believe) while ours is only 100 yds.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    [Kev308];5893236 said:

I don’t know how Mt Airey does it but you can join WAC IWLA without a sponsor. I do not know how they’re accepting applications or holding the meetings right now due to COVID-19.

From the website:
    If you do not have a sponsor, contact a Chapter member or one of the members on the Board of Directors.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I have a few friends who hold memberships there, none well enough to ask for sponsorship to a stranger.

I am a member at the Damascus chapter, oddly enough, it has a Mt Airy address. The real Mt Airy has a 300 yd rifle range(I believe) while ours is only 100 yds.

I'll just have to drive over to talk to someone at some point to see what I can do. I moved up here from Silver Spring and none of my friends or family own firearms or hunt.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    [Kev308];5893293 said:
    I'll just have to drive over to talk to someone at some point to see what I can do. I moved up here from Silver Spring and none of my friends or family own firearms or hunt.

I’ve been a member for a couple years at MA and didn’t know anyone. I don’t recall getting a sponsor and I think I just showed up at a meeting with my paperwork filled out. Let me dig up the email for the membership guy and I’ll send it to you.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    [Kev308];5893293 said:

You could also stop in(if open) the Gun Shack and ask around or give them a call. (301) 829-0122

https://www.crosswindoutdoors.com/

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco

Just for clarification we’re actually called "The Wildlife Achievement Chapter, Inc." We are located at 26430 Mullinix Mill Rd., Mt Airy, Md. 21771 near Damascus, Maryland

And to add to the confusion the website address is http://www.damascusiwla.org.

Clear as mud.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    All good. I just moved up from Moco into Frederick Co near Green Valley. And until TMGN opens I dont know where to go. I do know I need to zero my 10/22 and my 308savage. Plus a little recoil therapy would be a welcome break to the stay at home orders and working from home for so long. While its a blessing to be able to work during these times, I just need something to do

Gliderkit1

Aug 8, 2019
    Frederick county
    Thank you. Been looking for Hap Baker to open. I mean even if they did every other stall and enforced masks I think it would be manageable.

Pretty sure hap Baker is opening tomorrow 5/13 and are making every one were mask and of course eyes and ears...... shooting while trying to keep your glasses from fogging up should be interesting.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom