• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I went to FCSO today to get fingerprinted, because I happened to be in the area, only to find out they are not doing fingerprinting of any kind, due to COVID -19. How are people supposed to get the HQL or apply for NFA items, without being able to get fingerprinted? Seems to me like that is a right denied for the refusal to fingerprint for the HQL in MD...

Does MSI know about this?

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    Have you checked Heritage Training Center? I used them back in March. This week I decided to give it a go on my own and bought a finger print ink pad from Amazon. You can order the finger print cards online, FD-258.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Please elaborate

Don't know of them but I like a good story

The last time I went in there, I was with a friend of mine that was looking for a revolver. He had his HQL and was willing to buy that day, if they had the gun in stock. The guy that was there really had zero intrest in making a sale that day and kept trying to steer him away from the revolvers to a 22 pistol. My friend kept saying he wasn't interested in a 22, because he already had one. The general attitude of the guy was beyond abysmal and was far too pushy towards something my friend didn't want. Bear in mind my friend was willing to pick up 2 revolvers in 357 or 44 that day, if they were willing to let him see if they fit him properly. Because of that incident, they lost not only his business for that sale and all future purchases, but also my business. Just so you know he was looking at dropping 1600+ that day with them, but he went somewhere else.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The last time I went in there, I was with a friend of mine that was looking for a revolver. He had his HQL and was willing to buy that day, if they had the gun in stock. The guy that was there really had zero intrest in making a sale that day and kept trying to steer him away from the revolvers to a 22 pistol. My friend kept saying he wasn't interested in a 22, because he already had one. The general attitude of the guy was beyond abysmal and was far too pushy towards something my friend didn't want. Bear in mind my friend was willing to pick up 2 revolvers in 357 or 44 that day, if they were willing to let him see if they fit him properly. Because of that incident, they lost not only his business for that sale and all future purchases, but also my business. Just so you know he was looking at dropping 1600+ that day with them, but he went somewhere else.

Unfortunately sounds like a typical gun counter attitude

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Calvert county SO is also not doing ink prints and I need them for my fla ccw renewal

So I wait and hope they renew it and understand that it’s because the sheriffs office wouldn’t do the prints and let me slide

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I can't imagine why anyone would shop at Heritage for firearms? Prices for non-members are either MSRP or slightly-above MSRP.

Interestingly enough, in their first year, they had an email ad with a really good price on a Ruger gunsite scout... I came in and wanted to buy, but the guys at the counter were adamant that they mispriced it, I showed them the ad and after some heeing and hawing they relented. That was my only exp with their sales... I find their prices way to high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom