• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Jul 27, 2010
    Moved into the city (necessary evil) will be bringing my guns with me soon. Two questions for any others who live in the city:

1. Are there any City level gun laws I should be aware of that are in addition to state law?

2. I have to street park. What's your go-to case/way to carry your firearms between your house and car without anyone knowing what you're carrying?

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Moved into the city (necessary evil) will be bringing my guns with me soon. Two questions for any others who live in the city:

1. Are there any City level gun laws I should be aware of that are in addition to state law?

2. I have to street park. What's your go-to case/way to carry your firearms between your house and car without anyone knowing what you're carrying?

Jokingly, a violin / cello case.

Seriously, a guitar case would work, but that might entice a thief.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Grandfathered - Rifles & shotguns must be cased

Also, assisted opening folders are considered switchblades aka illegal . Just ask Freddy Grey .

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Welcome to the city. I'm in Little Italy. The city is what you make of it; the people here are generally awesome, and there's a great food scene (hopefully it will still be here once everything can reopen).

Open carry of a rifle is not legal in the city. Not that it would make any sense to do that.

I'm in a garage in my building, but I put my handguns in a range bag, and my rifle is in a rifle bag. Most people are completely oblivious to their surroundings and know nothing about guns, so they won't have any idea what you have in the bag/case unless it is emblazoned with "THERE IS A GUN IN THIS THING". (I have my permit to carry, and I'm pretty sure anyone who notices, which is incredibly unlikely, just assumes I'm LEO.)

If you want to be a little more gray man, just use a backpack. Do not ever leave anything of value in your car. Thieves target bags.

Wiseguy59

Sep 10, 2013
    Northern Balto. County
    See if you can carry them into your house at an off hour when there is less of a chance of people seeing you. Or you could break them down to make them shorter and conceal them in a cardboard box. The less people see what you're doing, the better.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I used to live right on Patterson Park and had to park on the street. I regularly used a gun sock over my shotguns to walk down the street to my car. Never had any issue.

One extra law in the city is that it is a crime to possess a firearm in a park. I never cut through the park (even the corner of it) to get to/from my car with a firearm. Stay on the street sidewalks. Baltimore defines all of the waterfront sidewalks around the inner harbor to be a park and therefore firearms are prohibited there. I’ve asked two lawyers and all of the instructors every time I renew my permit and no one can tell me if that law applies to permit holders who are legally carrying.

Armed Citizen

Jul 27, 2010
    Ooo I didn't know that, thank you for the heads up!

I used to live right on Patterson Park and had to park on the street. I regularly used a gun sock over my shotguns to walk down the street to my car. Never had any issue.

One extra law in the city is that it is a crime to possess a firearm in a park. I never cut through the park (even the corner of it) to get to/from my car with a firearm. Stay on the street sidewalks. Baltimore defines all of the waterfront sidewalks around the inner harbor to be a park and therefore firearms are prohibited there. I’ve asked two lawyers and all of the instructors every time I renew my permit and no one can tell me if that law applies to permit holders who are legally carrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom