• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparecaster

Jun 26, 2013
    Ok, so I used to frequent here quite often and lurk still some time to time but I want to know how you all would react. I am copying my wife's FB post since she was home when this occurred. I removed any names or school info. How would you feel?

Her post:

"I thought long and hard about sharing this, but I decided to do so for many reasons. While it is deeply personal, please let it be a note to teachers, parents, and students.

Today my house was searched by the police. Courtesy of #******elementaryschool.

While my son was on a zoom call, a "concerned parent" and subsequently two teachers saw his properly stowed and mounted RED RIDER BB GUN and one other BB gun in the background. He was not holding them and never intentionally showed them on video. In fact, he was oblivious that they could even be seen in the background. From the angle in which he was on video, it was not even evident which room of MY HOME he was in. So Principal ********* decided it best to call the police to have my home searched for dangerous weapons.

The Principal and his teacher, cited that "just as he cannot BRING guns to school, he cannot BRING them to virtual meetings as well and this is in the handbook". After a close review of the handbook, it DO NOT ADDRESS ANYTHING REGARDING VIRTUAL LEARNING! Not to mention, he did not BRING anything to this meeting and he is in his own home. They were simply in the background in our home, safely stowed in a room behind a closed door, with no ammunition (if you can even call it that).
    The officers that responded were appalled at the call and even commended the set up that my son has for his TOYS and commended him also on his respect and understanding of the BB guns! He is a boy scout. He is an outdoors / all-boy kind of kid and as his parents and by way of legal rights, he is allowed to own said guns. He is IN HIS OWN HOME supervised by a parent. I asked the Principal why a phone call could not have occurred rather than having my house searched By the police and he said that was not their policy. Who knew they had a policy on barely seeing a BB gun in the background of a zoom call? The officers were more than nice, and though they did not have a warrant, I have always been taught to not only comply, but had nothing to hide and allowed them to look wherever they wanted to.
    I have spoken with his teacher and his Principal and Vice Principal. I feel extremely violated and so does my son. Virtual learning may work well for you, but make sure nothing in your home offends anyone and you may spend the next couple of weeks circumventing the invasion and violation that I did today. My child and my home will no longer be subjected to video to allow room for any other violation of my rights and how I LEGALLY manage my home."

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    The education industry is filled with some of the dumbest bastards I have ever come across. I'm really going to hate dealing with them while my kids are in school.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My son has this flag in his room. I told him to make sure it doesn’t get on zoom during school.

I hope they knock first.

Attachments

• 991CAD01-82BF-429B-95B7-7916909DD405.jpeg
      991CAD01-82BF-429B-95B7-7916909DD405.jpeg
      21.4 KB · Views: 3,408

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Ok, so I used to frequent here quite often and lurk still some time to time but I want to know how you all would react. I am copying my wife's FB post since she was home when this occurred. I removed any names or school info. How would you feel?

Her post:

"I thought long and hard about sharing this, but I decided to do so for many reasons. While it is deeply personal, please let it be a note to teachers, parents, and students.

Today my house was searched by the police. Courtesy of #******elementaryschool.

While my son was on a zoom call, a "concerned parent" and subsequently two teachers saw his properly stowed and mounted RED RIDER BB GUN and one other BB gun in the background. He was not holding them and never intentionally showed them on video. In fact, he was oblivious that they could even be seen in the background. From the angle in which he was on video, it was not even evident which room of MY HOME he was in. So Principal ********* decided it best to call the police to have my home searched for dangerous weapons.

The Principal and his teacher, cited that "just as he cannot BRING guns to school, he cannot BRING them to virtual meetings as well and this is in the handbook". After a close review of the handbook, it DO NOT ADDRESS ANYTHING REGARDING VIRTUAL LEARNING! Not to mention, he did not BRING anything to this meeting and he is in his own home. They were simply in the background in our home, safely stowed in a room behind a closed door, with no ammunition (if you can even call it that).
    The officers that responded were appalled at the call and even commended the set up that my son has for his TOYS and commended him also on his respect and understanding of the BB guns! He is a boy scout. He is an outdoors / all-boy kind of kid and as his parents and by way of legal rights, he is allowed to own said guns. He is IN HIS OWN HOME supervised by a parent. I asked the Principal why a phone call could not have occurred rather than having my house searched By the police and he said that was not their policy. Who knew they had a policy on barely seeing a BB gun in the background of a zoom call? The officers were more than nice, and though they did not have a warrant, I have always been taught to not only comply, but had nothing to hide and allowed them to look wherever they wanted to.
    I have spoken with his teacher and his Principal and Vice Principal. I feel extremely violated and so does my son. Virtual learning may work well for you, but make sure nothing in your home offends anyone and you may spend the next couple of weeks circumventing the invasion and violation that I did today. My child and my home will no longer be subjected to video to allow room for any other violation of my rights and how I LEGALLY manage my home."

DON"T let the cops in without a warrent...

sparecaster

Jun 26, 2013
    DON"T let the cops in without a warrent...

I understand that we had every right to refuse them entry. However we had 3 kids at home and have always taught them to respect authority if you have done nothing wrong. We are a veteran family and love our country. We believe all police deserve respect unless the situation deems differently. We had nothing to hide and the officers were as annoyed as we were.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I understand that we had every right to refuse them entry. However we had 3 kids at home and have always taught them to respect authority if you have done nothing wrong. We are a veteran family and love our country. We believe all police deserve respect unless the situation deems differently. We had nothing to hide and the officers were as annoyed as we were.

I'm sure they were pissed

Like cops have nothing better to due during a Nationwide medical pandemic and ongoing rioting than look at a kid's BB gun

The dumb part is that the principle loses credibility with the cops the next time he calls when there might be an actual problem

Morons

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

To each their own. No police have the right/authority to search your house for any reason, without a warrant or consent... If you or your wife gave search consent, you have nothing to complain about..

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    To each their own. No police have the right/authority to search your house for any reason, without a warrant or consent... If you or your wife gave search consent, you have nothing to complain about..

Yes they do. Two separate incidents. They are not complaining about the cops and the what their job was once assigned. They are complaining about why the cops were there: the stupid ass "concerned parent, two teachers and dumbass principal.

OP: if there's any legal basis, sue the shit out of the district, the principal, the two teachers and the concerned parent (discovery will lead to the name). Then donate the money to a 2A organization and make sure all concerned parties know where it went.

Last edited:

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Yeah, don't think I would have allowed the police in my home for that. Seems like you got lucky with the officers but could've gone the other way. If they don't have a warrant and you didn't call them there is no reason for them to come in other then for them to find something to cause you problems.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Turn off the outgoing video during Zoom sessions. You have the right to be secure in your home without intrusion by nosey teachers.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Fugg em all. Sue the teachers and admins. Make them pay. If the parent shows up in discovery, sue Karen as well

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Sue them all, let the court sort it out...

Yep, overreach. There needs to be an example. Burn em.

I'll go donate to a go fund me for this. Fin pedophiles not teaching and spend time looking into the background??? Where is the civics course?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom