• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 29, 2020
    Hi all!

I'm looking into getting a Daniel Defense MK18 upper (10.3" barrel) and was wondering, does anybody know the overall length of the upper (no muzzle device)? I'm asking for SBR purposes and if anyone has it it would be great to know! For reference, I'm using a B5 SOPMOD enhanced stock, would it meet the 29" OAL requirement without a pin and welded muzzle device?

Thank you all in advance!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Hi all!

I'm looking into getting a Daniel Defense MK18 upper (10.3" barrel) and was wondering, does anybody know the overall length of the upper (no muzzle device)? I'm asking for SBR purposes and if anyone has it it would be great to know! For reference, I'm using a B5 SOPMOD enhanced stock, would it meet the 29" OAL requirement without a pin and welded muzzle device?

Thank you all in advance!

I believe my form 1 says 30”. I’ll have to double check. Pic just because.

7Vkohdv.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm thinking it might be close. Maybe the extra thick butt pad will make up the difference needed to achieve <29", being as the bbl is a 10.3" as opposed to a 10.5" bbl. I don't have a SOMOD stock to confirm the measurements.

OP, if you're going to suppress the gun, and you're dead set on that upper, you might maybe should be prepared to P&W your QD brake if it doesn't make length.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I just checked. It is listed at 29.25”. I measured it with the B5 stock all the way out.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I have a DD M4V7p (basically the MK18 with the DD Mlok rail), and I was curious about length as well.

I was thinking about running a Vltor tube and buffer, for both performance reasons and to know for sure I am on the safe side of OAL.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thank you! That's awesome, I'm interested in that upper and I'm glad to know it meets OAL requirement, thank you again!

No problem. It’s a solid, well built upper. It was the first SBR I built back in 2014 and has a little over 10,000 rounds. It’s still going strong but after I took it to School of the American rifle (a class I highly recommend), he was able to confirm that the barrel is beyond 10k and is starting to show some wear. I have a replacement barrel waiting to be put on when the time comes.
    Be sure to post pics once you build yours. Good luck :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom