• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thats a nice knife :thumbs:

The set screw that holds the bad in place looks tiny though. Is it a pain to change the blade?

Thank you. The set screw is tiny but it's easy to change. I think it needs a number 3 Phillips head screwdriver.

Brian, I was wrong. I decided to verify my post when I went to work this morning. The retaining screw is not a #3 phillips, it is a #6 torx. Swapping the blade took about a minute once I figured out which driver I needed.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Brian, I was wrong. I decided to verify my post when I went to work this morning. The retaining screw is not a #3 phillips, it is a #6 torx. Swapping the blade took about a minute once I figured out which driver I needed.

Cool thanks. I thought a #3 phillips was a bit big :D

I Put one in my Amazon shopping cart. I'm going to order it next week and use it as my work knife. My Super knife is done.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I just added a new butter-spreader to the collection-

Attachments

• hisshou1.jpg
      hisshou1.jpg
      13.2 KB · Views: 588
    • hisshou2.jpg
      hisshou2.jpg
      21.9 KB · Views: 601

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Spyderco Military 52100 2016 Sprint Run. I really like the carbon fibers scales. I was expecting a big clumsy knife (it has a 4" blade) but it actually handles very well, and the action and lock are smooth. I can recommend any of variation of this model.

Attachments

• DSC_0032.jpg
      DSC_0032.jpg
      80.4 KB · Views: 570

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Found this hand forged battle axe and hand forged Asian sword at a yard sale for $15 each...

Attachments

• IMG_20170603_175036_928.jpg
      IMG_20170603_175036_928.jpg
      108.1 KB · Views: 526
    • IMG_20170610_133055_426.jpg
      IMG_20170610_133055_426.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 532

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Not terribly fancy, but I'm very fond of my new work knife...

I figured i'd qoute Joppa since i'm to lazy to take a pic.

Amazon delivered my Seber yesterday, and wow! What an awesome knife. It was larger than i thought it would be, but it actually fits well in my hand.

I love EDC knives that take utility knife blades and this knife seems to be the best out there from my first impression. It far exceeds my old Super Knife

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Howard Clark L6 Bainite Wak. It was a fully custom job, built to my specs, that took the various craftsmen about 7 years to get it done, from forging, to polishing, to mounting and finally delivered to me. Was worth the wait. Problem is, by the time it arrived, my "sword phase" had passed and now I am pretty much stuck with a $6K wak!

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

ChrisTonbo.jpg

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Howard Clark L6 Bainite Wak. It was a fully custom job, built to my specs, that took the various craftsmen about 7 years to get it done, from forging, to polishing, to mounting and finally delivered to me. Was worth the wait. Problem is, by the time it arrived, my "sword phase" had passed and now I am pretty much stuck with a $6K wak!

:thumbsup: Very, very, very nice. Do you have a matching Katana?

Paul Chen and a few others have supposedly solved "the riddle of L6". However, their L6 swords are surprisingly affordable, which makes me wonder if they're legit, safe for Tameshigiri & etc.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    I do in fact have a Howard Clark L6 katana and it is an amazing blade. Keith Larman polished it and mounted it, same with that Wak. I trained for a few years at the Capital Area Budokai learning Nakamura Ryu (http://www.capitalareabudokai.org/index.php?page=4) and some Toyama swordsmanship and it was great. Moved a bit to far away to keep training with them though.

As far as production L6 goes, there were/are many folks using these blades with great success cutting and these blades are very very forgiving when the cut angle is bad-the blade bends but does not remain that way! Bottom line, these days, production L6 are pretty much the performance equal to one of Howard's L6 Bainites but there is the whole custom vs. production thing, and all the little details such as polish and mounting quality and the quality of the fittings that account for the price differential.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Recent yard sale finds, US model 1909 bolo knife made in 1917 and a Gerber Mark II combat knife from the 1970's. Also found a 10,000 year old flint knife blade and some civil war period brass knuckles.

Attachments

• IMG_20170702_143548_378.jpg
      IMG_20170702_143548_378.jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 343

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member

Absolutely gorgeous and we may very well have crossed paths at one on the Duke Street Alexandria Token Kai that Dave D(who used to have a very nice Shobu Zukuri Big Ear L6) and others hosted back in the day. I similarly have many G's worth of DiCristofano, Barrett, Graham, Hernandez, etc. JSA blades but fear not- that wak would serve you VERY well if the fit ever hit the shan. I never had the time to wait for Keith to mount any of mine due to his everlong queue and health issues but did buy some Citadel and Pat Hastings fittings to complete 'em. Only L6 I ever had was a MAS fingerstone-polished custom that set me back $2.5K before remount. Do post pics of some of your other treasures when you get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom