• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Canik Elite Combat. Gun is great, I just don't have a purpose for it. I thought I would make it my wife's home defense gun - easy to shoot, red dot. It is just that she never has the time to go to the range with me to try it out. I already have another competition gun that I like better just because I prefer heavy handguns

Does it fit you and/or your wife's hand well? Does it go bang? Every time? Where you aim it? If yes, I'd keep it. Things change. It is a very nice pistol for the $. I was thinking about getting one of those myself.

Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    mosin nagant. bought the archangel stock, had the bolt handle welded at an angle and cerakoted, got a rail added and scope/rings. dont use and its stupid.
    sig 227 tacops. bought a threaded barrel for it, never shoot it, have an hk45t. waste of money

JB01

Nov 11, 2017
    S&W 586 with canted barrel, dented barrel shroud and blotchy bluing and a S&W 929 with canted barrel, dented barrel shroud, gray powder in it, no lube and more I wish not to recall.
    JB

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    First Gen Sig Mosquito 22LR

Complete POS jam-o-matic. Even after Sig factory service.

Fantastic tool to teach clearing jams…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    CFE BLK...bought it and put in barter thread with no interest. Was trying to help folks out here but now stuck with a jug of powder I likely won't use.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Tattoo.jpg

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Is it the trigger? I can't see myself owning anything with a trigger safety. Just my preference.

The trigger is actually fantastic. The problem is my grip. It doesn't matter which grip size I have, or how I adjust my grip. It just doesn't fit my hand properly. I'm either reaching for the trigger, or I'm banging the hell out of the base joint of my thumb. Nothing feels correct with it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Walther PPQ. Felt great in the gun shop. Has felt weird in my hand ever since. Functionally it is perfect, but it just doesn't fit my hand at all.

The trigger is actually fantastic. The problem is my grip. It doesn't matter which grip size I have, or how I adjust my grip. It just doesn't fit my hand properly. I'm either reaching for the trigger, or I'm banging the hell out of the base joint of my thumb. Nothing feels correct with it.

This is why do NOT pick a handgun for your spouse or significant other.

You help them choose their handgun.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    I have never thought of this, but it's absolutely true.

Yes it is. My wife has hated guns for 15 years, but finally decided she wanted her own. Got her HQL, took her to the shop thinking a Glock 19 would fit the bill. She held one and hated it. Ended up buying a S&W Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom