• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilo

Jan 20, 2019
    Does anyone have any experience with the GEMTECH 22 QDA? I have one and use it with my can on 2 different hosts. On the pistol, the POI shift is slight and consistent, however, on the rifle the POI shift so extreme that i cant even hit the target at 25ft and it's very inconsistent. As soon as i remove the QDA the POI becomes consistent and minimal.

Any thoughts?

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Is there in perceivable wobble on the suppressor? Maybe try pushing a plastic cleaning rod through with suppressor mounted to see how much clearance you have.

POI shift seems normal but I’m not sure why it would be inconsistent unless your mounting system is loose.

Hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in. I have been looking to buy the QDA system myself but it’s been out of stock for months.

Gilo

Jan 20, 2019
    Is there in perceivable wobble on the suppressor? Maybe try pushing a plastic cleaning rod through with suppressor mounted to see how much clearance you have.

POI shift seems normal but I’m not sure why it would be inconsistent unless your mounting system is loose.

Hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in. I have been looking to buy the QDA system myself but it’s been out of stock for months.

I have a feeling its the QDA. it might be loose. Unfortunately i cant get ahold of Gemtech.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I did not, because the whole point of this for me was to work with ONE suppressor. It was a SiCo Sparrow. In fact, at one point, it loosened up enough that I had the baffles get clipped. Loctite resolved that, but trusting loctite on a can over the long-term seems like insanity.

I also did not particularly love the attachment method (the fourth lug key!), or how they designed the tools for getting the mounts themselves on/off hosts (the worst wrench I've ever seen). Gemtech is also functionally dead as an entity. It's just not worth bothering with.

I agree that the IDEA of a QD 22lr can is awesome. I'd like one that was ASR, personally, even with the weight hit.

Gilo

Jan 20, 2019
    I did not, because the whole point of this for me was to work with ONE suppressor. It was a SiCo Sparrow. In fact, at one point, it loosened up enough that I had the baffles get clipped. Loctite resolved that, but trusting loctite on a can over the long-term seems like insanity.

I also did not particularly love the attachment method (the fourth lug key!), or how they designed the tools for getting the mounts themselves on/off hosts (the worst wrench I've ever seen). Gemtech is also functionally dead as an entity. It's just not worth bothering with.

I agree that the IDEA of a QD 22lr can is awesome. I'd like one that was ASR, personally, even with the weight hit.

Thats exactly what i feared, that my QDA was lose and i was going to get a baffle strike. Thanks for the info.

Does anyone else know of a QDA for a 22LR can?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom