• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    I have a stock 10/22 takedown that I mounted a 3x9 Monarch scope on. It has QD rings but I'd prefer to leave it on the upper receiver during storage in the carry bag vs taking it off and having to remount each time. It is 23 1/2" long from the front of the scope to the end of the stock (measured as a straight line). The Ruger bag it came with is too short to comfortably house both the receiver and scope in the big internal pouch. I have looked at the copper basin bag and it seems like it might fit but was hoping for others input if you've upgraded your bags to accommodate similar circumstances. Thanks in advance for your replies and any pictures of your setups too.
    Best,
    Jim

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I just bought a takedown bag for my new Ruger PC9 and I really like it. I put the extra butt spacers on and that made it a very tight fit. I also put a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot with no issues. My guess is it's going to be iffy finding something that will accommodate a scope like yours. I will watch to see what others say because I am interested to know also. The bag is from Amazon. FSDC CARETAKER Black Takedown Bag Gen II. Paid $50.

Last edited:

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I am not sure if you want a backpack or sling-bag, but if you want a low-profile carry bag, I like the ARFCOM covert tactical takedown case - it was only $23 on-sale when I bought it from Brownells last year: https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...rod134898.aspx

uc

The velcro allows for a lot of different configurations to accommodate scopes and other attachments, but there are no included storage pouches for mags and tools (they could be added to the interior, of course).

I like it better than the Bulldog case and the more tactical looking Condor case

Isn't the FSDC Caretaker nearly the exact same case as the Ruger? http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=273863

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Another option would be to move that scope to another rifle and put a Bug Buster on the take down. It will fit in the bag with the scope mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom