• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WS88

Jan 5, 2021
    hard to know for sure without knowing weight and weight of bucket. but someone told me about 3,500-3,700 typically. I would weigh a case, weigh the empty bucket, weigh the full bucket and do the calculations.

EDIT. DISREGUARD MISREAD QUESTION, THOUGH ASKED HOW MUCH WAS IN BUCKET. IM DUMB.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    The value is dependent on what kind of brass. Is it mixed range pickup, or all once fired military? For most reloaders, mixed cases are not worth as much as cases with the same headstamp. 7 cents a case is about average for once fired military in quantities that large. One can figure around 13.6# to the 1000.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Condition, dirt level, all reloadable, etc? That would come into play for me a bit also.

Big difference for me from indoor range brass from a known maker vs outdoor stuff mixed with steel cases and some dirt.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    Condition, dirt level, all reloadable, etc? That would come into play for me a bit also.

Big difference for me from indoor range brass from a known maker vs outdoor stuff mixed with steel cases and some dirt.

This is from an indoor range. I’m trying to get an idea of what’s an acceptable offer. I was way low. I was going to wait to see what they would offer first.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Can you explain?

1000 5.56/223 case weight around 13.6 pounds. As an example, 5000 5.56/223 cases weight 68 pounds. Counting how many cases that are in a 5-gallon bucket is on my to do list. I can say that there are around 1160 cases in a 50 cal can. If you can weight the bucket of brass, then you can figure how much brass is in it.

This is from an indoor range. I’m trying to get an idea of what’s an acceptable offer. I was way low. I was going to wait to see what they would offer first.

One of the problems with range pickup brass is that there are usually a lot of different manufacturers. I have never liked working with mixed brass. I prefer to set my equipment up and run with it. With different manufacturers the brass will process differently. If one isn’t worried about consistency it doesn’t matter.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    1000 5.56/223 case weight around 13.6 pounds. As an example, 5000 5.56/223 cases weight 68 pounds. Counting how many cases that are in a 5-gallon bucket is on my to do list. I can say that there are around 1160 cases in a 50 cal can. If you can weight the bucket of brass, then you can figure how much brass is in it.

One of the problems with range pickup brass is that there are usually a lot of different manufacturers. I have never liked working with mixed brass. I prefer to set my equipment up and run with it. With different manufacturers the brass will process differently. If one isn’t worried about consistency it doesn’t matter.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom