Current Status of WV 2nd Amendment Preservation Act (HB 2694)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    From President of West Virginia Citizens Defense League:

Ian T. Masters
    Admin
    · March 27 at 11:44 PM ·
    When it comes to the legislative process, our membership is the most educated of any advocacy group in this state.

As many of you have noticed, the Senate double-referenced our priority legislation (HB2694). This bill is crucial in protecting West Virginia gun owners by prohibiting state law enforcement from enforcing federal firearms law - in accordance with precedent established by the Supreme Court.

You all have worked so hard. You may have noticed in the headlines that our Attorney General recently cited the Printz case (one of the foundations of our bill) and multiple legislators are now familiar with anticommandeering principles (some have even introduced similar legislation pertaining to other topics). These are incredible victories. In fact, mere months ago these accomplishments were unfathomable. However ... WE. ARE. NOT. DONE.

In order to overcome the hurdles we face in the Senate, we have to turn up the engagement into complete overdrive. You need to call your Senators. You need to email your Senators. You need to schedule appointments with your Senators. You need to call into your local radio stations in support of HB2694. You need to write letters to your newspaper editors. You need to stand on the street corners in your Senate districts with signs that say "Protect West Virginia Gun Owners, Pass HB2694." If you do not do anything and everything possible, this bill can die in the Senate and we can be left at the mercy of whatever infringements on your rights that D.C. can muster before the next legislative session.
    The Senate can still save the day. We believe that the bill can make it out of the Government Organization committee (which is chaired by one of our sponsors - Senator Mark Maynard (R - Wayne). At that point it will have passed the House of Delegates with over 70 yes votes, and also cleared a major Senate Committee. At that point, perhaps the Senate Judiciary Committee will do the right thing. One thing is for certain, if you ease up now, this bill will die and your right to keep and bear arms will be in peril.

Rise to the occasion. Answer the call. Get engaged. You can do this.

Montani Semper Liberi

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Amber Perry
    Admin (WVCDL)
    I hope to see as many of you at your Capitol this week as are able to make appointments. Simply contact your two State enators and ask for an appointment. It's always great to see WVCDL members in their Capitol. If you aren't able to come into Charleston for an in-person appointment, you can request a phone appointment to speak with your Senators.
    Here are the district maps with the 2 senators for each district listed to the left of the district. Just click on each of their names and it'll show you their contact info.
    Don't forget to share this essential legislation and encourage your friends, family, co-workers, and community members to respectfully ask their State Senators to pass this legislation!
    https://www.wvlegislature.gov/Districts/maps.cfm
    WVLEGISLATURE.GOV
    www.wvlegislature.gov

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    To my WV friends here on MDShooters: The WVCDL was able to get HB 2694 passed in the House, and it is now directed to the Senate side. We need your help, as we expect strong opposition in the Senate. Kindly ask the Senator in your WV district to vote in favor of HB 2694. You can call, email (or both) your Senator. When I call, usually the administrative assistant takes the message and delivers it to the Senator. Only takes a couple of minutes. So easy! So, it’s up to you now. Time is limited for the current legislative session, so get it done now. My sincere thanks to those who help us defend our state from federal firearm legislation.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Dear God I miss living in my home state of WV. 2nd Amendment is abided by, constitutional carry, and some politicians there actually go on the offensive for the 2A unlike in this s#i+ hole Maryland where politicians are always on the offense against the 2A. I’m hoping and praying that I can sell my house within the next few months and get the hell out of communist MD.
    I’ll tell my WV family members to contact reps.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Dear God I miss living in my home state of WV. 2nd Amendment is abided by, constitutional carry, and some politicians there actually go on the offensive for the 2A unlike in this s#i+ hole Maryland where politicians are always on the offense against the 2A. I’m hoping and praying that I can sell my house within the next few months and get the hell out of communist MD.

I’ll tell my WV family members to contact reps.
    Wait till you actually get that WV license and you'll soon remember what freedom is like. Be sure to buy a AK or a PTR-91 to celebrate.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    HB2694 (Second Amendment Preservation Act) cleared the Senate Government Organization committee tonight.

We all need to call/email all our senators and get this passed.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    HB2694 is in the Senate Judiciary Committee and Chairman Charles Trump seems content NOT to move the Bill thru Committee.
    We need your calls and emails now. Only a few days left in the session.

charles.trump@wvsenate.gov

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    “When someone begins a sentence with things like, "I believe in the 2nd Amendment... , I love the 2nd Amendment, but ... , I own lots of guns...", that person is about to explain exactly why they *do not* believe in your RKBA. They seem to think that the number of guns they own equates to their love of this civil right codified in law. On top of that, they seem to think you believe that too. You're smarter than that.

The WVCDL believes you put your vote where your mouth is. Otherwise it's mere lip service. And our membership *remembers* that come election time.

Right now there are legislators feigning love for 2A while simultaneously holding up HB 2694 which would prevent new federal gun control being enforced by WV law enforcement. All the while, they're telling you that they love the second amendment.

What are you going to do about it?

Make your phone calls. Call your WV State Senators and *respectfully* ask them to urge their leadership to run HB 2694 as is WITH NO AMENDMENTS. “

YOU voted for these folks. Are they representing you?

Find your senators here, https://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom