FEDEX Delays - Almost 2 Weeks and no package!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I just shipped a few dozen oysters to a Maryland expat in Florida via UPS (12" x 12" x 12", 14#). Dropped the package at the Odenton store at 5pm on Wednesday and it was on my friend's porch by 3pm Friday. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I just shipped a few dozen oysters to a Maryland expat in Florida via UPS (12" x 12" x 12", 14#). Dropped the package at the Odenton store at 5pm on Wednesday and it was on my friend's porch by 3pm Friday. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.

Frozen? Your friend would've been even more surprised if they got there a month later. :D

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Two weeks to receive a "two day" FedEx package from Joe Bob's in KS. :mad54:
    Should've saved the $4.99 freight fee and taken the free USPS shipping option. Probably would've arrived at the same time.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Frozen? Your friend would've been even more surprised if they got there a month later. :D
    Live oysters, packed cold in an insulated box with cold packs. A few did pass away en route.

He was expecting them and the package would have treated like HazMat if it had spent a month on the trip.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    UPS used to suck ballz, complained plenty of times and they turned around (I'm sure plenty of others contributed to this as well). Now FedUp is sucking larger ballz. From stolen packages at distribution centers, to attempts claimed to be made but not, heavy packages thrown to the curb when I could see two guys lifting out of the truck, late packages without reason etc. Complaints haven't done any good. Not as bad as lazershit or the amazon homie whips stuffed with boxes in them and throwing packages from their windows.

FedUp home is the bottom feeding arm of the company. Whenever I purchase on-line, I check who's delivering. If the only choice is them, I go elsewhere now.

TWM

Jul 4, 2013
    Howard Co
    My Midway order has been saying the estimated delivery is 2/13 for over a month now. It was shipped UPS, but then handed off to USPS under something called the UPS Mail Innovations program. I had never heard of the program until Midway told me about it, and then they also told me there was nothing they could do until a certain number of weeks after the due date. Today was that day, and they’ve now shipped me a new order, but it all seems pretty silly. I don’t recall selecting that specific shipping method, so perhaps I should pay more attention during checkout...

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    My Midway order has been saying the estimated delivery is 2/13 for over a month now. It was shipped UPS, but then handed off to USPS under something called the UPS Mail Innovations program. I had never heard of the program until Midway told me about it, and then they also told me there was nothing they could do until a certain number of weeks after the due date. Today was that day, and they’ve now shipped me a new order, but it all seems pretty silly. I don’t recall selecting that specific shipping method, so perhaps I should pay more attention during checkout...

I must admit I have been pleasantly surprised the last couple of days.

The first order was from Midway. It was shipped Thursday the 4th with an expected delivery date of Wednesday the 10th. It was shipped SurePost, that is the UPS to USPS service. The two boxes arrived and were ready for pickup on Monday the 8th. I have a P.O. Box for certain things.

The second order was from Double Alpha. I placed the order at almost midnight Wednesday, the 10th. The order was shipped UPS the following day. It arrived today just after 12 noon. I can't complain about one day service.

TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    Have a small FedEx pkg coming from IL. Arrival date has changed from this past Wed to Thur, Fri, Sat, and now to pending. Stuck in WV.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Ok. FedEx literally just dumped a box containing a rifle on my front stoop. It was coming back from the manufacturer after I sent it for repairs. The box was clearly marked "adult signature required." Do I need to report this to someone?

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Ok. FedEx literally just dumped a box containing a rifle on my front stoop. It was coming back from the manufacturer after I sent it for repairs. The box was clearly marked "adult signature required." Do I need to report this to someone?

I certainly would

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    "They all suck now" that sums it up. Hit or miss.
    Fedex has lost packages, not record of "track n trace" vendor
    sends replacement, a few weeks later the one they lost shows
    up, or it may show up a few days later, go figure. If it heads
    towards Tenn. good luck.
    Got some barrels sitting in Linthicum Heights for several days
    now.. oh well...
    instead of "quoting a delivery time" should just say "it will get
    there when it gets there"

-Rock

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    I've had no issues with UPS and Fedex, but USPS is another story....

Ordered a sling a couple weeks ago and it has disappeared into the Baltimore USPS facility, probably never to be seen again...been there for 11 days and no update in the last week.

SHIPMENT PROGRESS

MOST RECENT

MARCH 26 - 12:00 AM
    In Transit, Arriving Late

MARCH 22 - 10:53 AM
    Arrived at USPS Regional FacilityBaltimore md distribution center

MARCH 22 - 9:36 AM
    Departed USPS FacilityHyattsville, MD

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Back perhaps in 2017 UPS misdelivered a case of ammo. The recipient must have notified UPS and happily the case showed up on my porch a few days later. Living in MoCo, there was a chance that whoever got it before I did could have Karened-out and called the bomb squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom