• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Does anyone have any experience with this ammo? I got a case at a decent price and everything I have heard so far has been really good, except that they seem a little on the slow side. (Good for can?)

TL;DR :tdown: Failure to Fire in 10-20% of rounds.

Many do not like the plastic boxes, but I kind of like them, and with the sealed primers as well, the box likely factors in to the 15 year claimed shelf life.
    I am far from expert, but the round themselves look very nice. Compared side by side to some other range ammo rounds I had, the brass looked cleaner, thicker, shinier and of better quality. The bullets, 124gr FMJ also looked more consistent, with less imperfections, and the crimps all looked perfect.

https://belom.army/9-mm-luger-eng/

It is Serbian made in a new "state of the art" factory. The full specs are available at the link.

Got them to the range and had mixed, but poor results. I was testing two ammos. The Sig Elite Perfomance V-Crown 124gr JHP, and the Belom. I put about 100rnds of each into 2 separate targets at about 10 yds. I was hoping they may pair well for a training/range vs carry ammo, and I was most interested to see how well my pistol fed the JHPs as these are the first it has seen. The JHPs fed great and went bang every time. Group was bigger than Id like, but centered on the bullseye.

The Belom had a tighter grouping to be sure. A big jagged hole for the most part after 100 rnds. Problem was it was 6 inches north of POA. This will not make a good pair. Much worse, in the first 50 rounds, I had 10 failures. Click, no bang. I should have examined closer, but each one went bang on the second strike. Except for one. I took a look at that one and it looked like a solid primer strike. It went bang on the third strike. The second 50, also had failures, at a lower rate. Perhaps 1 in 10. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with this performance. I did not have a single mag without at least one failure. Most having 3-4.

I was shooting a relatively new FN 509C Tactical. I have the Apex heavy duty striker installed, and the striker hits all look solid, centered, and consistent. I had a chance to put 10 rounds through an M9 and every round went bang.

Perhaps my gun and this ammo just don't get along, but I will do some more testing when I can. Does anyone else have any experience with this ammo?

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    I've heard good things about the Belom 9mm, but never used it personally. There are a few reviews on Target Sports about FTF's. I know that in a few videos that I've seen, they are lighter powder loads than your typical Federal, CCI, Speer, etc., 124gr, and actually are subsonic out of handguns. Longer barrels will get them up to supersonic. They are the sister company to PPU (Prvi Partizan), and are supposed to be the LE/MIL side, whereas PPU is the commercial side.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Was it intended for open bolt sub guns?

I ask as I once was sitting on 20+ wooden crates of So. American (Argentine? I can’t recall ... ) 9mm that was intended for use in open bolt Uzi’s.

FTF was typically 1 (or 2) out of every 10 rds or mag full out of any firearm that was not open bolt.

Typically a maker of lemonade out of lemons, I used almost about 10,000 rounds of it for teaching failure drills in handgun and then patrol rifle (9mm AR) courses.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Sounds like hard primers. (like if they used milspec SRP in place of pistol primers)

They will probably run fine in an exposed hammer pistol, subgun or carbine. Despite striker guns being the new wundergun, light primer strikes, esp on milspec or hard primers is somewhat common.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    It’s garbage give me what you have left and $.10 a round to dispose of it properly.

Never heard of it. Seems like more FTFs than Tula or Wolf which is garbage ammunition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom