good gun shops in PA to stop by along 83?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    Hi All

I'm going 4 wheeling in PA with my boys this weekend and will be driving through Harrisburg and York up 83.

any recommendations on good shops to stop at...not looking for anything special but would definitely buy a few regular capacity mags (lancer, 300 BLK, 350 Legend) for AR and larger mags for my Ruger 10/22. and any ammo I find would come home with me as well.

recommendations appreciated

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Atlantic Tactical and Bass Pro are up that way. Went to a good gunshop once called SPAR Firearms but your mileage may vary these days.

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    Went to Gun Bunker. That’s a cool shop; they have everything in there. Stupid high prices but had what I was after. Got mags for my 300Blk, Sig P229, ruger 10/22, 350 legend, and even a pair of 15 rounders for the Glock P43x

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Maybe a bit out of the way, but usually worth it.
    Trop's
    https://www.tropgun.com/

+1 for trop. Great people and store

Not any longer. My mom lives in Elizabethtown so I get up there quite often. Pre COVID they had no black powder supplies, very little reloading supplies and the shelves and cases were half empty. Last time I was up there a couple of months ago not much had changed.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Not any longer. My mom lives in Elizabethtown so I get up there quite often. Pre COVID they had no black powder supplies, very little reloading supplies and the shelves and cases were half empty. Last time I was up there a couple of months ago not much had changed.

That sucks. It was my go to when I was up that way. One of the few places to buy CZ mags off the rack.

Hi All

I'm going 4 wheeling in PA with my boys this weekend and will be driving through Harrisburg and York up 83.

any recommendations on good shops to stop at...not looking for anything special but would definitely buy a few regular capacity mags (lancer, 300 BLK, 350 Legend) for AR and larger mags for my Ruger 10/22. and any ammo I find would come home with me as well.

recommendations appreciated

I was born and raised in Harrisburg. Where is your end location? Knowing that can help me recommend spots to check out.
    As others have said, Gun Bunker clearly collects the border premium. Atlantic Tactical (I-83 and PA Turnpike/I-76 would be a much better place for magazines.

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    Yup. Mags ain't cheap. You are definitely paying a border premium.

Out of the way for the OP but . . . Reddings in Gettysburg had a 55Gal drum of 30rd Magpul AR/M4 mags (Gen2 & Gen 3s) for $15/$16ish each. Little bit of a premium but not bad. Gen 3s were getting low but seemed to be plenty of Gen 2's.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I’d rather keep driving than pay that stupid “border tax”. These shops should be supporting the community where they can, not ass raping them to take advantage of them.

Shame on gun bunker and any other doing what they do.

oberyn

Apr 19, 2021
    Sounds like I need to stop by Trop's next time I'm up there. Outobie, you end up stopping there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom