• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    Paper Form 4:
    Form 4 (Traditional NFA Trust): Mailed on 3/12/2021, Tax Stamp Cashed on 3/18/2021

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Their guide is out of date. NFA tracker's raw data is good and useful, their chart on the 1st page is out of date(still has F4 e-file data). The best I have found is the reddit sticky NFA wait time thread, updated several times daily by forum users. Waiting on an Oculus from 11-4-20 myself, so keeping a close eye on it. Seems that about 3/4 are between 130-160 days, a few are quicker (active duty getting deployed are expedited), but most of the rest are longer due to a paperwork issue, or unknown reasons, many are over 200 days. I usually call about 4 months after my check was cashed to verify pending date and that it is pending, then every month or so after just to make sure my FFL didn't forget to call, or couldn't reach me.

Thanks!

All things considered I'll probably wait a couple more weeks and then reach out just to see. What is the easiest way to do it, call or use the "ask an expert"?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thanks!

All things considered I'll probably wait a couple more weeks and then reach out just to see. What is the easiest way to do it, call or use the "ask an expert"?

Seems most coming back on the Reddit thread over the last week are for October 2020, up to the 28th, so there is that.

You can call the ATF at 304-616-4500. need your serial#, dealer name and your name, they can give you the received date and the status(pending/approved/delayed), but that is about it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Seems most coming back on the Reddit thread over the last week are for October 2020, up to the 28th, so there is that.

You can call the ATF at 304-616-4500. need your serial#, dealer name and your name, they can give you the received date and the status(pending/approved/delayed), but that is about it.

I assume approved means the stamp has also been mailed to my dealer? Out of curiosity can they give approved date if it has been? From the little I’ve seen and heard, sometimes there seems to be a 1-4 week delay from approved to FFL has your stamp.

Thanks! As I work the bugs out and it gets faster and easier to navigate, the more I want more :)

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    My brother is in VA. He ordered a can on 10/3/20 though Silencer Shop. Stamp ck cashed 11/3. FFL called to let him know they got his stamp 3/24/21.

I ordered mine 10/7/20, ck cashed 11/17/20. Hopefully I'll be soon.

Update, 4/21/21
    According to Jen at ATF/NFA. My form 4 has a 7mon wait. But, many are getting approved from the as time period.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My brother is in VA. He ordered a can on 10/3/20 though Silencer Shop. Stamp cashed 11/3. FFL called to let him know they got his stamp 3/24/21.

I ordered mine 10/7/20, ck cashed 11/17/20. Hopefully I'll be soon.

Out of curiosity, individual? Or single shot trust?

My time line was around 10/6 or so purchase and 10/28 check cashed IIRC. Also through SS. Single shot trust.

HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    NFA trust. Form 4. Purchased 10/5/20. Dealer called today (3/26/21) and said they got the stamp. Picking up tomorrow.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    NFA trust. Form 4. Purchased 10/5/20. Dealer called today (3/26/21) and said they got the stamp. Picking up tomorrow.

Congratulations and enjoy. Your experience gives me hope that the can I purchased in early November will be mine in the not too long future.

Cal68

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Dang. Still pending. That said, in pulling up my SS orders to grab the serial rather than rooting around in my "gun folder" in my filing cabinet for the trust document looks like my actual dates were 10/31 received at dealer, 11/21 check cashed by ATF.

So I am probably a few weeks behind the folks just getting theirs back that had their checks cashed in October. Lady I spoke with did mention they are generally running about 7 months right now, but of course no guarantees.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Dang. Still pending. That said, in pulling up my SS orders to grab the serial rather than rooting around in my "gun folder" in my filing cabinet for the trust document looks like my actual dates were 10/31 received at dealer, 11/21 check cashed by ATF.

So I am probably a few weeks behind the folks just getting theirs back that had their checks cashed in October. Lady I spoke with did mention they are generally running about 7 months right now, but of course no guarantees.
    My check(s) were cashed on 10/29, and I still haven't heard anything yet. You'll be waiting a while longer, I'm afraid.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    What number at ATF do you call to pester someone?
    Call NFA Branch. Ask about the status of your application. I'm telling you that you're looking at a 4+ month long wait, on top of the 30 days on a eForm 1.

My NICS check came back delayed, hence the reason why I know about this. There is nothing you can do and nobody you can pester about it. Embrace the suck and just wait for the email to come in. While you're at it, be sure to thank Carol Ripley for bending you over like this.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    At first, i misunderstood Form 3 was not same as Form 4 and just waited and waited.

Then sent in documents which never made it.

I had trouble corralling trustee paperwork for a long whole after the rules changed.

But SilencerShop saved the day
    Ah. I understand now. My form 3 was approved and my can is on the way to my Silencer Shop FFL. This should be a interesting journey for automation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom