• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Guns ain’t cheap, especially in today’s environment.

One of my local shops who would never before have considered carrying cheap Turkish knock-off shotguns or Heritage .22 six-shooters is blowing through them like crazy. Partly because they're available, but mostly because they're cheap and a lot of noobs just want something that goes bang. It's not the demographic here, who own lots of quality guns, that are slurping up all of that entry-level inventory.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I agree, but if the nation is hurting so bad financially because of COVID layoffs and cutbacks, where is the money coming from. Guns ain’t cheap, especially in today’s environment.

This country and its citizens operate on borrowed money. It’s all a matter of degrees. Some live entirely off credit (my ex brother in law for example). When I used to sell cars the majority of people only cared about their monthly payment. Not their interest rate or how much they bought the car for. I did very well.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't like addressing large, complex issues with anecdotal evidence. But: anecdotal evidence suggests that while, indeed, us gun nuts continue to add to our collections, there are a LOT of noobs from across the spectrum, and a lot of women now buying and getting training of one flavor or another. Those big numbers definitely NOT all "us."

*****Occam, this is MDS. We address large, complex issues with anecdotal evidence as a matter of course! :thumbsup: :D

So... in keeping with the above thought - I teach a variety of NRA classes, am an RSO, and love dogs, bikes, and video games with lots of shooting and guns and stuff. I also like pie, usually a la mode.

I'm not deep thinker, but I do notice things. One of the more recent things I've noticed is that my CCW, and basic NRA Pistol and PPIH (Personal Protection in the Home) classes are all full with a waiting list. What is noteworthy about this is that in my classes, taught in very liberal MoCo, more than 50% of my students are women *without* some dude with them who sorta got them into it.

These are women, who of their own volition, have decided to learn to shoot, get their HQL, and buy guns. I've been teaching since mebbe 2013 or so, and this is NOT typical IME. I welcome it, I'm happy about it but many of the women buying guns are uhhh... liberal women who are scared of...... wait for it... US. :shocked4:

Yes yes, HOW do I know they are liberal women? Well, my suspicions are first aroused by the bumper stickers on their cars "I'm with her", "Biden/Harris 2020", "PEACE", "It will be a glorious day when schools have enough money, and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a new plane", "Obama/Biden 2012", "Hillary!".. Etc... So... they want to buy a gun. They fear Trump supporters who, in their view (Lester Holt told them so..), literally attacked the seat of our government and tried to depose and take over to put Trump back in to the White House and kill AOC, and every other non-white, non Republican member of congress who are all white, all racist, and just want black people back in chains, picking cotton, and their women servicing the lusts of MAGA hat wearing conservative men (yea, ok, a bit over the top but read the Huffington Post sometime..). For whatever reason, liberal women in my classes feel a lot more comfortable telling me things as for lack of a better way of describing it - I basically look like a ***** and am approachable. Some of our other instructors are these big, gruff manly looking guys with lots of tattoos, big bellies, and shaven heads with lots of police and military experience and the enviable ability to grow facial hair. Me? Not so much.

I know right?? Scared of US... Conservatives. Speaking for myself as a conservative, I basically just want to be left alone! I don't wanna put black people back in chains, or beat them with truncheons, or dress up in some silly white hat and wear bed sheets, or keep black kiddies out of schools, as those are Democrats that did all of that. I also don't want to ban certain books, or send people to re-education camps, or spend more money on trying to right the wrongs of slavery or pay reparations as I never owned slaves nor ever supported slavery. Crazy I tell ya.

Why do I own guns? For everyone's Perusal:

Attachments

• Police car.jpg
      Police car.jpg
      49.2 KB · Views: 439
    • socially acceptable pic.jpg
      socially acceptable pic.jpg
      93.7 KB · Views: 443

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Four months into the year and I'm already on gun #7 :o

And if Brownells has a BRN-10 retro in stock on monday I will have to buy it.

Sarfs1

Mar 20, 2020
    Theory

Many live by espousing the theory that no one ‘needs’ firearms until they are faced with potential threat and then feel they should be able to arm themselves. Sad that we have so many folks in our communities incapable of thinking far enough ahead to see this....

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    Stimulus checks?

That's how I got my last two. Bought my 9mm for HD with the 1st check. Started building my 300 BLK for if/when SHTF with the 2nd check. Then my son decided to build his 5.56, because ol' dad did it, and he's bored of his Tippman M4-22. Now I'm thinking of building a 5.56 with the 3rd round, just for S&G, and building AR's are kind of fun.

tablades

Mar 30, 2018
    Eastern shore Native
    I accidentally buy guns when I am looking at LGS as well as online.. I always go thru my LGS foe paperwork. The girl behind the counter always asks “are you a collector” when I am processing “more than 1 less than 10”.. and I always ask, isn’t everybody??

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That's how I got my last two. Bought my 9mm for HD with the 1st check. Started building my 300 BLK for if/when SHTF with the 2nd check. Then my son decided to build his 5.56, because ol' dad did it, and he's bored of his Tippman M4-22. Now I'm thinking of building a 5.56 with the 3rd round, just for S&G, and building AR's are kind of fun.

But do you have all the tools to do a upper properly? :innocent0

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Wonder if April will maintain the trend or if things are leveling off ?

Still feels like supply is a bigger bottleneck than demand. Can someone desperate buy A gun, any gun, at this point? Pretty much, at full retail-plus. But buy the specific gun they’re looking for, let alone with a choice of competing sellers/prices? No or barely.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I have seen more guns in gun cases at various FFLs over the last few weeks than I have in a very long time. I am also seeing H&Ks on online stores selling below MRSP the last week or so.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have seen more guns in gun cases at various FFLs over the last few weeks than I have in a very long time. I am also seeing H&Ks on online stores selling below MRSP the last week or so.

Now if I could just see a Henry X in .357.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Wonder if April will maintain the trend or if things are leveling off ?

I expect it will set a new record for the month of April, the previous record was set last year at 2,911,128. But historically April is lighter than March and the pace picks back up in May.

We will find out in a day or two when the monthly total gets published.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I worked the gun show in Fredericksburg with our IP Genesis Firearms. Epic weekend with MDeng and BradMacc. We sold a lot of guns. Interestingly, a large number were sold to African-American females. Almost all had recently been through training and many had their carry permits. A wonderful bunch of ladies in general. It was great helping them pick carry guns. I think this is a great sign of more folks getting behind their right to self defense. If this trend continues, gun control is dead.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Interestingly, a large number were sold to African-American females. Almost all had recently been through training and many had their carry permits. A wonderful bunch of ladies in general. It was great helping them pick carry guns. I think this is a great sign of more folks getting behind their right to self defense. If this trend continues, gun control is dead.

I recall being down in front of the SCOTUS on the day they were deciding whether or not to hear the (later mooted) NYSRP case. Here's a shot of Mr. Heller (yes, THAT Heller) chatting up folks who seemed genuinely interested in what was at stake in the court. The lefty tyrants and their media cronies don't tell this story straight, ever.

DSC_1110.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom